cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bed slide

rayleepotter
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2015 Winnebago Journey 36M - I have a king sized bed which moves side-to-side. The bed slide only works periodically - How do I access the bed slide mechanism? Can I perform some maintenance on the mechanism so it works more fluidly and frequently?

Thanks for your help.
7 REPLIES 7

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
wa8yxm wrote:
Describe the slide. as follows

With the slide extended are there cables visible? (yes no)
A kind of "Wavy" metal track on the side (yes/no)
Under the slide Toothed rails (yes/No)
Or Hydraulic cylinders (yes/NO)

Pick one of the above or if I've not described it please do.

What is the reason for asking.. Different slides different instructions.

At lest two of the slide out systems I've described use a current sensing controller (same as Kwikee steps do) the theory is when the slide out reaches end of travel the motor stalls and draws more current the controller senses this and shuts off.. Well other things can cause current to increse and trip the OFF switch.

Unless I am miss Reading he is talking about the bed and I could be miss reading your post also.:)

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Describe the slide. as follows

With the slide extended are there cables visible? (yes no)
A kind of "Wavy" metal track on the side (yes/no)
Under the slide Toothed rails (yes/No)
Or Hydraulic cylinders (yes/NO)

Pick one of the above or if I've not described it please do.

What is the reason for asking.. Different slides different instructions.

At lest two of the slide out systems I've described use a current sensing controller (same as Kwikee steps do) the theory is when the slide out reaches end of travel the motor stalls and draws more current the controller senses this and shuts off.. Well other things can cause current to increse and trip the OFF switch.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
rayleepotter wrote:
I will look under the panel under the bed storage area. Yes some days it works great other I can not get it to slide at all.

If it's intermittently working like that - sometimes perfect, sometimes not at all - I would suspect an electrical problem, like a loose wire. Can you hear the motor engage when it doesn't work?

Is this slide electric or hydraulic?
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

rayleepotter
Explorer
Explorer
I will look under the panel under the bed storage area. Yes some days it works great other I can not get it to slide at all.

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
I think more info is needed. When you say "works periodically", what does that mean? Some days you push the button and nothing happens and other days it works fine?
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
Look in the storage area under the bed. Is there an access panel laying on the floor? My 2010 Winne has a screw slide with most components accessible right there.

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
have you looked at the bed slide mechanism at all.