cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Belts on diesel pusher

dtgunner7
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2006 Bounder Diesel pusher with the C7 motor. Anyone tried to replace the belts on the motor (serpentine and a V belt) Any help would be appreciated
5 REPLIES 5

dtgunner7
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sailor_lou
Explorer
Explorer
Mine seems to be somewhat rare in that the water pump is driven off the serpentine belt with no separate V-belt. I don't know if that makes a difference, but I am able to install it myself without too much difficulty. I also have a rear radiator setup so it's all done from the closet floor.

As Brett noted, I check the fan bearing pulley ever year (I have the setup with the sealed non-greaseable bearing) and did change out the tensioner a few years ago as a preventative maintenance item.

Lou
05 Travel Supreme Envoy
Cat C7

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
While there, replace the serpentine belt tensioner and check the fan bearing carefully.
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
Ours broke on our 2006 Phaeton as we drove up the ramp on I-12 north of NOLA. Bummer. Towed to a truck repair facility. They put a new one on, but it was the next day before they got it done. They had THREE people working on it, one above, one behind and one on the side. The belt didn't show signs of wear, it pulled apart at the seam.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
On my C7 in a 2005 Fleetwood Excurison 39S takes two people. One person on top and one underneath to do it.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.