cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best in class

kstorms
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone done any research as to which manufacturer makes the best Class B RVs? Best in terms of reliability, lower cost to maintain and service, resale value, comfort and ease to drive. There are so many manufacturers out there – are there some to avoid? Not sure if this is a question that can be answered...

Currently I am looking at the Winnebago model Era.

Thanks!
9 REPLIES 9

kstorms
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks again for all the helpful links and info! God bless and safe travels....

lcseds
Explorer
Explorer
Davydd wrote:
Sometimes I curse diesel when some gas engine a-hole is hogging the only diesel pump at a service station out of a dozen gas pumps available. 😉

Honestly, a-hole is a bit extreme. 99.99% of people using any certain pump is not aware they may be holding you up. Diesel is not their world.

wsfurrie
Explorer
Explorer
Try https://www.rv.org/
Wayne

My_Roadtrek
Explorer
Explorer
Artum Snowbird wrote:
These folks have some pretty neat stuff... Canadian made!

Leisure travel vans

LTV hasn't made Class B's for a few years, but when they did they were well made.

mumkin
Explorer
Explorer
Artum Snowbird wrote:

Leisure travel vans

They build beautiful RVs... but they no longer build any Class Bs. They only build small Class Cs.

A shame as they put out one of the very top units in the business.
Mumkin
2021 Promaster 1500 188wb conversion
2019 Roadtrek Simplicity SRT (half Zion/half Simplicity)
2015 Roadtrek 170
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme

kstorms
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the input Safe travels to all of you. God Bless...

Davydd
Explorer
Explorer
The examples you mention relate directly to the van itself and not the upfitting. The ERA is a Sprinter thus the answer is much the same be it Roadtrek, Pleasureway, Airstream, Advanced RV and others that upfit the Sprinter. Versus Ford, Chevy or Ram Promaster, I think it is a matter of service availability driving most opinions. I don't know if anyone has any solid facts as to "best in terms of reliability, lower cost to maintain and service, resale value, comfort and ease to drive." Those are opinions and people get comfortable with what they own.

I drive a Sprinter simply because on balance that van design meets my personal needs and criteria better than the others. Sometimes I curse diesel when some gas engine a-hole is hogging the only diesel pump at a service station out of a dozen gas pumps available. 😉
Davydd
2021 Advanced RV 144 WB 2500 Class B
2015 Advanced RV Ocean One Class B

Artum_Snowbird
Explorer
Explorer

Leisure travel vans
Mike
2012 Winnebago Impulse Silver 26QP
2005 16.6 Double Eagle
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
previously Snowbird Campers,
Triple E Motorhome and Fifth Wheel

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
Study does not exist, too subjective

I have not even seen this type of data on lets say a full size car and there are millions of them on the road
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks