cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Calling all Road Warrior owners - RWS, RWT, RWM

smitty2
Explorer
Explorer
Owners of Road Warrior Super C's have been posting on other threads and a few have mentioned it would be nice to have a place where owners of these units could post with other Road Warrior owners. Well - this is a start.

I'm Bob Smith. My wife, Debra, and I own a 2009 RWS3400 sitting on the usual C5500 chassis with the Duramax LMM and Alison Transmission. We hale from Billerica, MA. We purchased our unit from it's original owners in AZ back in September of 2010. After searching for this exact unit for a while, we got lucky and found a pristine rig from a family who took great care of it. They just didn't use it as much as they would have liked to and still had a TT they could use to go camping. So their decision to sell was great for us. With only 6000 miles on the clock and the like new condition, it was a great day for us to get this Warrior after months of research.

We've had a few minor issues, nothing that I couldn't handle, that made it a shame to think that attention to detail just wasn't a priority during the build. So, thats something we can all help each other out with. The minor wiring issues I've dealt with were all a matter of plugs being put into the wrong jacks (audio/video). Some simple additions to make the audio system more practical for MP3 or portable Sat radio use are items I can share with you. When i get the rig back in the spring I'll take some photos of the added jack for aux input on the house radio.

I say when we get it back because we currently have it resting at a center to have the interior seating redone. Out with the U shaped seating and in with the traditional drop down table with benches. It'll be more convenient for us as we have 4 kids and making that table another sleeping area will help. Also out with the J sofa and in with a Jackknife. Again, ease of use and larger sleeping area the concern there.

We also talked about adding an electrical outlet at the table. There's always a need to plug in a laptop or charges while sitting there.

There are more things we're looking at doing but the list is too long and we're not sure if it'll be cost prohibitive. So we'll wait a bit to mention them.

So - who are ya - where are ya - what have you found with your unit that may be an issue.

I know most are probably located more to the west. But let's see.
Bob & Debra, et al

2012 Jayco Seneca 36FK
YA I KNOW - I'M A TRAITOR
409 REPLIES 409

kmiller
Explorer
Explorer
Taking a stab at it , it sounds like a fuel issue. Maybe a fuel filter, they are some what inexpensive to try.

RZRHog
Explorer
Explorer
Good Evening All,

Need some help with the generator and am hoping there is an easy fix. The generator starts will run for a bit then cut out. It will do this both under load and not. There is not a specific amount of time before it cuts out.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Thank you

kmiller
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks

TheoWarrior
Explorer
Explorer
TheoWarrior wrote:
kmiller wrote:
Never tried to fit a cooler. Our

My microwave is under the range.

The Generator : shore power switch box is probably near your breaker box. I had a very hard time finding it. Like I said when you turn your generator on and it runs for a minute you can hear the switch clicking when it kicks on and runs everything off generator power. thatโ€™s one way to find it!

TheoWarrior
Explorer
Explorer
kmiller wrote:
Never tried to fit a cooler. Our bins are small.

I would say no.??

kmiller
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, funny you mention that a wire was loose on my lug for my house and the wire was arcing. I'm going to pull the microwave out, I have a drawer under microwave . is that the same set up on yours?

TheoWarrior
Explorer
Explorer
I have had to reset my radio several times to get the screen to work.

Same with the entry radio, I also had to hook it to a hot wire to get it to work on a trip and Iโ€™ve been too lazy to try to figure out why the original power source stopped working

Youโ€™re going to find out that whoever wired these motorhomes did a very poor job and most of the connections are loose and poorly done. Whetnever you find something thatโ€™s not working just assume itโ€™s a loose wire and take the unit apart to find the feeder wire and youโ€™ll probably find a pinch not that wasnโ€™t properly installed.

One of the first things I would recommend is pull out the microwave oven and locate Find the switch box behind it, it switches power from shore power / generator power etc. if you start the generator you will hear it switch after a minute.
Open the box and then tighten the electrical connecting lugs...
my unit burned up and itโ€™s very common problem. The manufacturer recommends getting into it and tightening the lugs in your switchgear every year which is actually common practice for switch boxes on mobile equipment. While youโ€™re at it open the breaker box under the microwave and take the cover off of it and tighten all the 110 power wires going to that.
mine had loose wires and was arcing. This is the transfer switch in your rig
WFCO T57 50 Amp Transfer Switch https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009LFZZFK/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_i_k4aSCbRZAAQKT

kmiller
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone replaced there Jensen VR187 stereo?

kmiller
Explorer
Explorer
Never tried to fit a cooler. Our bins are small.

Rigo232003
Explorer
Explorer
RANDOM QUESTION,

ARE THE LOWER STORAGE COMPARTMENTS STRON ENOUGH TO HOLD A FULL ICE CHEST? THEY CAN WEIGHT A TON.

kmiller
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Rigo232003, Congratulations on your purchase! I also live in SD. On your radio with cabin power& radio power button on maybe a breaker? My cabin breakers are located next to the frig. On your camera the screen will only move inwards in radio unit by line the screen up square with the unit. Your exterior camera can move up and down to view the rear. Once adjusted I just leave my screen and the rear camera alone. The rear camera has a coax cable and can get fatigue by moving repeatedly.

Rigo232003
Explorer
Explorer
Hi,
Picking up a (new to me) 2009 Road Warrior RWM3400 with 6897 miles on the odometer this week. I just replaced all 4 batteries yesterday and was looking around the rig to see what it needs. Two questions

1) is there a switch somewhere to get power to the house radio (next to the side door) I can't wait to see what the system sounds like with the amp and the sub woofer up on the wall.

2) I was not able to get the screen for the back up camera to turn on. Head unit turns on but the screen won't move and the power lights stays red.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Can't express how excited I am to get this thing. Selling my toy hauler and this is going to be our first motorhome!

Been going through this topic on the forum for several days now. Love all the info.

Thanks again!

Radrnut
Explorer
Explorer
kmiller, check out weekendwarriorpartsandservice.com. I believe these are the same guys as warrior lifestyles, I think they just moved and reorganized. 1-800-500-9914 or 1-951-349-0796. Address is 166 Commercial St. Perris, CA. 92570.

kmiller
Explorer
Explorer
d: 07/10/18 12:56pm Link | Quote | Edit | Print | Notify Moderator
Requesting some help.. I need the lens number on the upper top rear LED Light indicator that functions as turning signal that is in the middle, for sequential left and right and also as a stop signal. Any Ideas on where I could order the correct light would be highly appreciated. In haste I had to replace a few months back the light with one ordered from Warrior Lifestyle which was not the same wires, by the way is close permanently. When I received the light from them it was incorrect. The one on the warrior has 4 wires, instead they gave me 3 wire. They said it would worked and I installed. I realized on my travels when I have the headlights on the passenger turning signal would not work after troubleshooting it and my limit electric experience I finaling found out. Sorry for how long it took to explain,but I didn't want you to think I was lazy to look myself, I threw the old one away. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

CoeyCoey
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Theo,

I dont have one yet. I am in the market (kinda) for a RWT3400. Still waiting for my condo to sell. Going to live in it full time.