cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Calling all Road Warrior owners - RWS, RWT, RWM

smitty2
Explorer
Explorer
Owners of Road Warrior Super C's have been posting on other threads and a few have mentioned it would be nice to have a place where owners of these units could post with other Road Warrior owners. Well - this is a start.

I'm Bob Smith. My wife, Debra, and I own a 2009 RWS3400 sitting on the usual C5500 chassis with the Duramax LMM and Alison Transmission. We hale from Billerica, MA. We purchased our unit from it's original owners in AZ back in September of 2010. After searching for this exact unit for a while, we got lucky and found a pristine rig from a family who took great care of it. They just didn't use it as much as they would have liked to and still had a TT they could use to go camping. So their decision to sell was great for us. With only 6000 miles on the clock and the like new condition, it was a great day for us to get this Warrior after months of research.

We've had a few minor issues, nothing that I couldn't handle, that made it a shame to think that attention to detail just wasn't a priority during the build. So, thats something we can all help each other out with. The minor wiring issues I've dealt with were all a matter of plugs being put into the wrong jacks (audio/video). Some simple additions to make the audio system more practical for MP3 or portable Sat radio use are items I can share with you. When i get the rig back in the spring I'll take some photos of the added jack for aux input on the house radio.

I say when we get it back because we currently have it resting at a center to have the interior seating redone. Out with the U shaped seating and in with the traditional drop down table with benches. It'll be more convenient for us as we have 4 kids and making that table another sleeping area will help. Also out with the J sofa and in with a Jackknife. Again, ease of use and larger sleeping area the concern there.

We also talked about adding an electrical outlet at the table. There's always a need to plug in a laptop or charges while sitting there.

There are more things we're looking at doing but the list is too long and we're not sure if it'll be cost prohibitive. So we'll wait a bit to mention them.

So - who are ya - where are ya - what have you found with your unit that may be an issue.

I know most are probably located more to the west. But let's see.
Bob & Debra, et al

2012 Jayco Seneca 36FK
YA I KNOW - I'M A TRAITOR
409 REPLIES 409

kmiller
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, is that where your 12 volt fuses are located, it inside the door to access the equalizer? I look into the step that has fuses , but no luck.

Msgtsniper
Explorer
Explorer
Mine resets in the power center just inside the entry door.
09 Road Warrior RWM3400

kmiller
Explorer
Explorer
2007 Rwt
Roadwarrior Motorhome Looking for the 12volt fuses that powers my light and fan in the bathroom and the ceiling fan. I've have looked everywhere. Please help, Camping

kmiller
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks

Radrnut
Explorer
Explorer
You should be able to get the part # and model off the motor itself. Mine is in the shop as we speak for the bedroom slide not working. I went on Youtube to see if I could do it myself but it was not just a "plug and play" repair. Hope this helps.

kmiller
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for a service Manual for slide out. Looking to replace the motor for the slide out and I need a part #. Appreciate any help on slide out or if u replaced.

RZRHog
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all again. It seems to have corrected itself overnight. Ran it twice today with both AC's running hard, with just a vacuum, and all by itself and it didn't shutdown at all.

If it happens again I will let you all know.

Wishing you all Happy Camping

RZRHog
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all for the support.

I have a 6HDKAH-1044K I didn't know about the 1/4 tank stuff but it has plenty of fuel. When I get back from work I will check the codes. I have my manual and I will report back to everyone later today.

I am sorry but am of no help with the ceiling fan but am sure there are replacements at RV accessory dealers.

Thanks again for all the help

ronfisherman
TheoWarrior wrote:
Also in case you did not know....you cannot let your diesel or gas tank get below a quarter of a tank or the Generac generators wonโ€™t run
there is a some kind of a mechanism in there to keep you from emptying your fuel tank using your generator

There is no switch. The suction fuel line for generator in fuel tank only goes down 3/4 of the way into tank.
OP, do you have model and manufacture of generator in your motorhome.
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD

kmiller
Explorer
Explorer
Good to know, has anyone replaced their ceiling fan yet, my motor is out. If so, We're did u buy it

TheoWarrior
Explorer
Explorer
Also in case you did not know....you cannot let your diesel or gas tank get below a quarter of a tank or the Generac generators wonโ€™t run
there is a some kind of a mechanism in there to keep you from emptying your fuel tank using your generator

TheoWarrior
Explorer
Explorer
I have the manual and the codes if you need a copy.
You also canโ€™t run your generator on a tank under 1/4.
It will shut down Automatically if you u get to a quarter of a tank

kmiller
Explorer
Explorer
I meant to say carburetor will gum up.

kmiller
Explorer
Explorer
I know if you don't keep them exercised monthly full power the carvery will come up. I'm not sure if you're aware. But, you also have an error code on the generator. The generator has a indicator that will blink, I believe it's green, each blink will determine the problem your occuring.You can Google the model of generator to get the troubleshooting guide.

RZRHog
Explorer
Explorer
It was just changed a couple moths ago but good idea and I will give it a shot.

Thank you