cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Calling all Road Warrior owners - RWS, RWT, RWM

smitty2
Explorer
Explorer
Owners of Road Warrior Super C's have been posting on other threads and a few have mentioned it would be nice to have a place where owners of these units could post with other Road Warrior owners. Well - this is a start.

I'm Bob Smith. My wife, Debra, and I own a 2009 RWS3400 sitting on the usual C5500 chassis with the Duramax LMM and Alison Transmission. We hale from Billerica, MA. We purchased our unit from it's original owners in AZ back in September of 2010. After searching for this exact unit for a while, we got lucky and found a pristine rig from a family who took great care of it. They just didn't use it as much as they would have liked to and still had a TT they could use to go camping. So their decision to sell was great for us. With only 6000 miles on the clock and the like new condition, it was a great day for us to get this Warrior after months of research.

We've had a few minor issues, nothing that I couldn't handle, that made it a shame to think that attention to detail just wasn't a priority during the build. So, thats something we can all help each other out with. The minor wiring issues I've dealt with were all a matter of plugs being put into the wrong jacks (audio/video). Some simple additions to make the audio system more practical for MP3 or portable Sat radio use are items I can share with you. When i get the rig back in the spring I'll take some photos of the added jack for aux input on the house radio.

I say when we get it back because we currently have it resting at a center to have the interior seating redone. Out with the U shaped seating and in with the traditional drop down table with benches. It'll be more convenient for us as we have 4 kids and making that table another sleeping area will help. Also out with the J sofa and in with a Jackknife. Again, ease of use and larger sleeping area the concern there.

We also talked about adding an electrical outlet at the table. There's always a need to plug in a laptop or charges while sitting there.

There are more things we're looking at doing but the list is too long and we're not sure if it'll be cost prohibitive. So we'll wait a bit to mention them.

So - who are ya - where are ya - what have you found with your unit that may be an issue.

I know most are probably located more to the west. But let's see.
Bob & Debra, et al

2012 Jayco Seneca 36FK
YA I KNOW - I'M A TRAITOR
409 REPLIES 409

ksanford
Explorer
Explorer
kmiller wrote:
Has anyone on their generator modified a slide framed tray which slides out or modify the frame for there generator so its easier to work on ? Its such a big job to change oil!

If it is hard to change because you are removing the side cover, you don't have to do that. I found out after doing so. There is an access door on the bottom of the generator that makes it much easier. I also changed the fuel filter through that access door.

If you don't have a manual, it can be downloaded at www.cummins.com/rv-generator-manuals

That is how I figured it out.

Wayne
"The world is a book and those who don't travel read only one page" - St. Augustine

"To Travel is to Live." โ€“ Hans Christian Andersen

โ€œTravel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

kmiller
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone on their generator modified a slide framed tray which slides out or modify the frame for there generator so its easier to work on ? Its such a big job to change oil!

Msgtsniper
Explorer
Explorer
I'm very happy with them. I think I'm going to put on the rear trac bar next.
09 Road Warrior RWM3400

TheoWarrior
Explorer
Explorer
Msgtsniper wrote:
I put the Roadmaster front sway on. Works good.
I got the roadmaster sway bars in today and Iโ€™ll start installing them next week
Thanks

ksanford
Explorer
Explorer
WarriorTwin

We did buy the one at Smitty's. It was originally in Louisiana and we brought it back home to the Gulf South. We really like this rig and have already put 2k miles on it.

This forum topic is invaluable. Thanks to the OP for starting it and to all who have contributed. We are currently having an issue with the Jensen monitor. Thanks to you guys, we found out how to reset it.
"The world is a book and those who don't travel read only one page" - St. Augustine

WarriorTwin706
Explorer
Explorer
ksanford wrote:
Thanks for all your help Rigo, TheoWarrior, and kmiller. I was going to take photos while we had the tv down, but true-to-form, I remembered that just as the last screw went back in putting the frame back. There are several modifications we need (want) to make, such as putting in a larger TV in the living area, putting down new flooring throughout, etc. Right now, we are focusing on changing oil and filters in the generator and tuck enging. finally, finished that today and off to the beach for a week!

Any suggestions for getting the musky, smell out without poisoning my dog will be appreciated. This rig seemed to have just been used for tailgating and was apparently stored in a Louisiana swamp for the past few years....whew!

Anyway - Thanks again for you help!

Did you happen to pick up the 2009 RWS that was at Smitty's RV in Indiana? If so, that was a NICE find!

WarriorTwin706
Explorer
Explorer
I have to share... Today I saw the 2nd RWT3400 i've seen in the wild since owning mine.

I am one of our sales and finance mgr's at Bish's RV in Meridian, ID and as I was saying goodbye to a customer of mine who got his Momentum 376TH today, out of nowhere I see the big, grey and super tall cap rolled into our parking lot and headed downhill towards out entrance (gradual downhill slope at the entrance to our facility) and sure enough, it was a 2009 RWT 3400. Long story short, the owner(Joe Former from AZ) and his wife were traveling with their grandkids and stopped to dump their tanks at my dealership. They bought their Road Warrior in 2017 at Giant RV for $69,995 after originally going to Giant to look at a 2017 Thor Chateau Super C, which Joe thought that the Thor was "plasticy and made with elmers glue." Joe and his wife had never seen a road warrior until that day and they instantly fell in love with it.

I helped them dump their tanks at Bish's RV and looked over their coach with them in disbelief I was actually in another one, in the same parking lot as mine. I store mine at work... ๐Ÿ™‚ any ways, as we both were amazed we met 15 minutes ago out of the blue, and the joy that their coach brought them, instantly reminded me of how much I love mine. He has the jade interior with cherry combo, mine is billet, and a few odds and end items that were different than mine throughout the coach...

Differences - theirs had one or two extra bathroom cabinets higher above the toilet with mirrored faces, one single furnace (no garage furnace), awning and inverter switches were wired on upper TV cabinet area above entrance door from factory where mine are in line with control panel and seem to be neater, their rear back up voyager cam works (mine never has, have yet to repair) , and a few different graphics around the side of front cap area.

His mid entry door jam vin had a hole in the sticker where the warrior vin # was unreadable, but i showed him how to compare warrior vin to production number for when it was built (mine is #61) and once he locates his vin paperwork, I thought it would be interesting to see how closely together these were built, and the subtle changes they did make... It seems they were figuring out how to build the road warriors, all the time ๐Ÿ™‚ LOL.

In all seriousness - was a great blessing to meet others who have benefited from their Road Warrior motorhome. My twin brother Chase and I recently bought ours in April 2021, and have put 5,000 miles on her since. We are 26 y/o identical twins, and use it frequently. We've got new wheels, burnt chrome patio cable chains (nice touch), a few onan 6000 genny services, a few leveling system resets, and a **** ton of memories on her.

Had to share with y'all. Have a great night!

Hayden and Chase Pratt
Boise, ID
09 RWT 3400 #61

ksanford
Explorer
Explorer
KMiller..how much trouble was it to get the carpet out from under the slide?

Sorry Msgtsniper, the placard on ours is faded, too

ksanford
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone changed the wiper seals on the slide outs? If so, I may have questions.

Msgtsniper
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone have a pic of their GVWR placard? Mine is not readable anymore.
09 Road Warrior RWM3400

kmiller
Explorer
Explorer
Also we took our carpet out, put adhesive tile, with carpet runners. Makes cleanup easier. In living room upgraded google app smart TV, that swivels out and can be locked in place.

kmiller
Explorer
Explorer
I put TRUE TRACK, rear Tracbar #101-523. I put on after I drove it and had them added them when I purchased new.

Msgtsniper
Explorer
Explorer
I put the Roadmaster front sway on. Works good.
09 Road Warrior RWM3400

kmiller
Explorer
Explorer
I'm out of the house, but I put them on when o bought it. If you still need help let me know and ill go through my paper work. They help a lot !

TheoWarrior
Explorer
Explorer
I recently replaced a broken helper spring in front. Do any of you have feedback on anti sway bars? Iโ€™m assuming thatโ€™s what broke one of my helper Springs is excessive roll