cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Calling all Road Warrior owners - RWS, RWT, RWM

smitty2
Explorer
Explorer
Owners of Road Warrior Super C's have been posting on other threads and a few have mentioned it would be nice to have a place where owners of these units could post with other Road Warrior owners. Well - this is a start.

I'm Bob Smith. My wife, Debra, and I own a 2009 RWS3400 sitting on the usual C5500 chassis with the Duramax LMM and Alison Transmission. We hale from Billerica, MA. We purchased our unit from it's original owners in AZ back in September of 2010. After searching for this exact unit for a while, we got lucky and found a pristine rig from a family who took great care of it. They just didn't use it as much as they would have liked to and still had a TT they could use to go camping. So their decision to sell was great for us. With only 6000 miles on the clock and the like new condition, it was a great day for us to get this Warrior after months of research.

We've had a few minor issues, nothing that I couldn't handle, that made it a shame to think that attention to detail just wasn't a priority during the build. So, thats something we can all help each other out with. The minor wiring issues I've dealt with were all a matter of plugs being put into the wrong jacks (audio/video). Some simple additions to make the audio system more practical for MP3 or portable Sat radio use are items I can share with you. When i get the rig back in the spring I'll take some photos of the added jack for aux input on the house radio.

I say when we get it back because we currently have it resting at a center to have the interior seating redone. Out with the U shaped seating and in with the traditional drop down table with benches. It'll be more convenient for us as we have 4 kids and making that table another sleeping area will help. Also out with the J sofa and in with a Jackknife. Again, ease of use and larger sleeping area the concern there.

We also talked about adding an electrical outlet at the table. There's always a need to plug in a laptop or charges while sitting there.

There are more things we're looking at doing but the list is too long and we're not sure if it'll be cost prohibitive. So we'll wait a bit to mention them.

So - who are ya - where are ya - what have you found with your unit that may be an issue.

I know most are probably located more to the west. But let's see.
Bob & Debra, et al

2012 Jayco Seneca 36FK
YA I KNOW - I'M A TRAITOR
409 REPLIES 409

TheoWarrior
Explorer
Explorer
When you guys figure out your charging issues I would like to hear the remedy!
Thanks for keeping us posted!

ksanford
Explorer
Explorer
kmiller - I need to make a correction. The solenoid located in the battery compartment is an auxiliary start solenoid, it is not an isolator. I have been unable to locate the isolator, but I did change the solenoid. It did not fix the charging problem.

I am going to replace the auxiliary start solenoid with a Redarc Electronics dual sensing smart start battery isolator 12v 200A I found on Amazon and at Etrailer. It is pricey, but it will fix the charging issue.

Your problem sounds like the house battery charger which is located in the compartment with the Xantrex inverter. Ours in the basement compartment left of the entrance door.

I hope this helps.
"The world is a book and those who don't travel read only one page" - St. Augustine

"To Travel is to Live." โ€“ Hans Christian Andersen

โ€œTravel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

kmiller
Explorer
Explorer
Ksanford: I have a charging problem, A pound buzzing sound is coming from the compartmentI believe it the battery charger is not working, when plug in to shore power.

ksanford
Explorer
Explorer
kmiller, Thanks for checking. Just got the new isolator installed and also installed a battery charger. Apparently, there is another problem because it did not fix it. Going to check a few other things and I wil report back.
"The world is a book and those who don't travel read only one page" - St. Augustine

kmiller
Explorer
Explorer
Ksanford: was checking to see if that solved your problem with replacement of the Isolator ? A article in March, 2022 Family Rving Magazine, talk about the isolator on page 14.

TheoWarrior
Explorer
Explorer
The isolator is in the battery compartment and looks like a solinoid.

ksanford
Explorer
Explorer
Our RWM 3400 is not charging the house batteries when the engine is running. With the engine running, engaging the emergency / auxiliary switch allows current to flow from the chassis batteries to the house batteries. Everything I have read suggests there is a battery isolator in the system and it is defective. Anyone had any experience with this problem? Is there a battery isolator and where is it located? Thanks for any possible help.

TheoWarrior
Explorer
Explorer
Rigo232003 wrote:
I know I am not gonna be the first to ask this but, what did you guys find as a replacement for the Jensen VR187 head unit? Iโ€™m
Hoping to find one that still allows you to pan the camera but even if that doesnโ€™t exist. what have you guys found as the best replacement?
Thank you!!

I have wondered several times what unit to replace my radio with. Iโ€™ve in the past I thought what I would have to install a toggle switch to move the camera.
Luckily like the others I have just use the reset switch and the other hacks to get the screen where I want it. Iโ€™ve never been able to use the radio very much because it gets really poor reception, And it overheats because where it was mounted it tends to not dissipate enough heat from the radio

kmiller
Explorer
Explorer
I fixed my the same and now I just leave it in the upright position also with the rear camera I leave it, the camera cable can fatigue by moving in diffrent positions.

Rigo232003
Explorer
Explorer
ksanford wrote:
We had the same issue with our monitor. Here is how I fixed it. Using the minus icon, lower the screen as far as possible. Repeatedly press the plus icon. As the screen moves up, keep the slack out by gently pushing it up with your other hand. I have had to do this several times and it will fully come to rest against the dash.

Will try this tonight. Thank you!

ksanford
Explorer
Explorer
We had the same issue with our monitor. Here is how I fixed it. Using the minus icon, lower the screen as far as possible. Repeatedly press the plus icon. As the screen moves up, keep the slack out by gently pushing it up with your other hand. I have had to do this several times and it will fully come to rest against the dash.

Rigo232003
Explorer
Explorer
The camera works fine but the gears on the screen are bad cause the screen doesnโ€™t go all the way vertical it only opens at about 45ยฐ Making it hard to see unless you force it back and hold it

Radrnut
Explorer
Explorer
What's wrong with your VR187? If it's the rear camera not working but the radio is, try resetting it. There is a tiny reset button to the bottom right of the volume knob. Use something small, like a straightened out paper clip and push the reset button. I had to do that a few months ago and it worked. I now have my rear camera working again.

Rigo232003
Explorer
Explorer
I know I am not gonna be the first to ask this but, what did you guys find as a replacement for the Jensen VR187 head unit? Iโ€™m
Hoping to find one that still allows you to pan the camera but even if that doesnโ€™t exist. what have you guys found as the best replacement?
Thank you!!

Rigo232003
Explorer
Explorer
kmiller wrote:
85 psi around, add 90 when loaded down.

Thank you guys. Got some new road masters today. At 90psi and it rides much smoother than before