cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone tell me what these buttons do?

autorot8
Explorer
Explorer
This is my dad's motorhome and he is not sure what the buttons on the far left and second from the right are for. The far left looks to be a battery disconnect or something. These are on the front dash, just below the monitor for backup camera. It is a 2015 Itasca Sunstar 27N.

2015 Ram 2500 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 6.4l Hemi

"Overstating the Obvious rarely helps the Oblivious!"
11 REPLIES 11

Yankee_Clipper
Explorer
Explorer
Don't feel bad. We had our rig for a year before I figured out the switch by the sink was the electric hot water element...discovering other switches took time, too.
Yankee Clipper
2014 Winnebago Sightseer 33C on Ford F53 6.8l V10
2014 Honda CRV 4 down toad/Roadmaster Falcon2 with EvenBrake
TireMinder TPMS,Tiger, the Little Big Man minidachshund,
Rosey the minidachshund resident Princess-in-Chief

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
oldmattb wrote:
The left of center deploys the propellers when you drive into a lake or river. The one to the right of that allows you to hear about yourself on the radio news.

Matt B

There may be some truth in that post (last half)

1: Boost/Emergency Start/Aux Start as someone else said this connects the chassis and house batteries when pressed to give you a built in jump start... Often needed on older rigs where the house does NOT charg the chassis. This is ifthe switch spring returns to off.. If it does not (If it is a straight toggle) then it is a battery disconnect.

2: Fans.. Not sure which but likely the two high mounted defroster fans

3: Radio battery selector (This is the true part) So you can run the dash radio off either HOUSE or CHASSIS batteries and hear about the briallent thing you did on your way to the campground on the radio.

4: Spare/blank/user defined.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Romer1
Explorer
Explorer
But it is all explained in the owners manual section 3.
Merrill (KC9NPT)
2000 Itasca Suncruiser 35U
2014 Chev Equinox LT AWD

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
oldmattb wrote:
The left of center deploys the propellers when you drive into a lake or river. The one to the right of that allows you to hear about yourself on the radio news.

Matt B

LOL! I think we all need to get out camping after a long winter!

autorot8
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone for your responses. I will have my dad try the radio with ignition off. Not surprising the dealer was of no help and Winnebago did not get back to him.
2015 Ram 2500 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 6.4l Hemi

"Overstating the Obvious rarely helps the Oblivious!"

othertonka
Explorer
Explorer
The first one on the left is for connecting the House battery to the Chassis battery to start the engine if the chassis battery is dead or low. You push it down and hold it there then start the engine, release the switch after it starts. The next switch is for the fan on the dash or up on the counsel at the top of the windshield. The 3rd switch is to use the dash radio and have it run from the house battery instead of having to have the ignition on and then it is running from the chassis battery. To test, Turn the ignition ON and then turn the radio on. then turn the ignition off and the radio should go off, then turn that 3rd switch on and see if the radio comes back on. 4th switch is probably a spare.
Othertonka
2004 Southwind 32VS 8.1 Workhorse chassis
2002 CRV Toad
U. S. Gear Unified brake system
Retired Fire Captain, SFD

smacdiesel
Explorer
Explorer
The second switch is for the window fans, two settings, top is low, bottom is high. Have the same setup in my winnie. Why not throw them and see what they do?
2015 Winnebago Vista 35B
1983 Jeep CJ 8 Scrambler

krivanj
Explorer
Explorer
I love it! Actually I think the one that looks like a little radio will let you turn on the radio using the house batteries, without the ignition key turned on. Try it and see.
Fleetwood Revolution LE 38X
2011 Scion TC toad

FIRE_UP
Explorer
Explorer
oldmattb wrote:

Matt B

I like it, I think I'll put some of those in too.
Scott and Karla
SDFD RETIRED
2004 Itasca Horizon, 36GD Slate Blue 330 CAT
2011 GMC Sierra 1500 Ext Cab 4x4 Toad
2008 Caliente Red LVL II GL 1800 Goldwing
KI60ND

oldmattb
Explorer
Explorer

Matt B
oldMattB
1998 Monaco Windsor

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer
The one on the left connects the chassis battery with the house battery on a momentary basis. The blank one is most likely a spare