cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

CHF 2018 Thor, F53, Rear do I need Z brackets

BeaverCamper
Explorer
Explorer
I just completed the CHF on the front of my 2018 Thor ACE 27.2 and as I am putting new Koni FSD shocks on thought I would do the CHF to the rear. However I have heard that I would need something called Z-brackets? Any comments?
Also what is the torque specs on the bolts when I do a CHF.
Thanks!
BeaverCamper (2019 Coachmen Leprechaun 260 DS)
7 REPLIES 7

RedRollingRoadb
Explorer
Explorer
Cheap Handling Fix Found on a competing RV website so you best do a search for it.

Reference the above picture it is a DIY job moving the downlinks to the inter hole effectually shorting the sway bar to give better sway control.

drumcorpschamp
Explorer
Explorer
CHF? Please define.

Jerry
Jerry Ware
2016 Thor Chateau 28Z
1st year RV'ers!

BeaverCamper
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the advice. I do already have a aftermarket sway bar and track bar. I also already did the front CHF.
Thanks again!
BeaverCamper (2019 Coachmen Leprechaun 260 DS)

georgelesley
Explorer
Explorer
We have all been using 66 lbs of torque with blue locktite. Donโ€™t forget to check the sway bar bracket bolts as well, many of us from seemingly all years have been finding them loose on the rear. Remove and use blue locktite as well retorque to 66 lbs. our 2014 with 10,000 miles were loose and falling out when I did them three years ago.. since then no problems although I do check them once a year.

i did our CHF front and rear separately and could notice a substantial difference in handling after doing each end.

There is a guy who makes excellent brackets specifically for the CHF and they allow a variety of user settings. He can be found on IRV2. You may also consider a rear trac bar, it also made a huge difference in our 2014 F-53.
George 20 yr USAF & Lesley

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
Just flip the existing ones.
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

Dale_Traveling
Explorer II
Explorer II
There are two possible Z brackets you might have read about. First set are already there on the rear are already there but will need to be spun 180 degrees. A before image -

Second are as shown in the MountainAir05's second link. These are to return the setup to the original geometry and are optional. There are multiple ways to achieve the same result. Those that choose the option usually do both front and rear.

Regarding torque specs, I can't recall but 60 lbs and blue loctite sticks in my mind.
2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rh1itgg398M

http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f27/chf-cheap-handling-fix-3377.html