Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Class A crash

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Haven’t seen this posted!
You don’t get first hand footage very often! Looks very bad, hopefully everyone is Ok.

Class A crash
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!
20 REPLIES 20

atsrmf
Explorer
Explorer
Unassured clear distance, plain and simple

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Executive wrote:
Cloud Dancer wrote:
Obviously, surveillance cameras for home use is one thing, whereas when used in a motorized home they might well be used against you. It's kinda like cockpit recorders in aviation,....sometimes you can say too much, forensically speaking.

Yep, my thoughts exactly. With that video in hand I'd suspect Progressive might give him grief with a settlement...certainly the Highway Patrol would use it if they wanted to mail out a citation....Dennis

Video means nothing for the insurance to pay out. It’s an accident and that’s what insurance is for with or without video! I’m sure his rates will go up. But they will pay!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

A bad day camping is

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Cloud Dancer wrote:
Obviously, surveillance cameras for home use is one thing, whereas when used in a motorized home they might well be used against you. It's kinda like cockpit recorders in aviation,....sometimes you can say too much, forensically speaking.

Yep, my thoughts exactly. With that video in hand I'd suspect Progressive might give him grief with a settlement...certainly the Highway Patrol would use it if they wanted to mail out a citation....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

Cloud_Dancer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Willie & Betty Sue
Miko & Sparky
2003 41 ft Dutch Star Diesel Pusher/Spartan
Floorplan 4010
Blazer toad & Ranger bassboat

ItsyRV
Explorer
Explorer
Regarding "respecting" the driver, don't know if any of you happen to catch Liz Amazing's youtube video on her crash. Totaled the new trailer and totaled her boyfriend's pickup and barely escaped with their lives. Throughout the whole video she kept pointing out all the things she did wrong. The mistakes she made. How regardless of who was with her, it was still her responsibility to know what to do. Even when she mentioned assuming her boyfriend knew something (which he didn't) she still came back to placing the blame for assuming on her.

Now that is a person involved in a crash of their RV, who post a video online, for all to see, that I can Respect!
1994 Itasca SunDancer 21RB - Chevy G-30 chassis.

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
GDS-3950BH wrote:
willald wrote:

At any rate, it may well be that that RV driver was at fault here. However, can we have a little bit of respect, compassion for the man?

Its so easy to call the other guy 'idiot' and everything else when things like this happen on the road, but reality is we ALL make mistakes from time to time.

Maybe, but in this case the guy is an idiot, actually he is something else. He captions the video to make it look like the white car which was in the lane beside him was somehow at fault, He almost caused the white car to nail the silver car to its left who also had to make an evasive maneuver.To top it off below the video on Youtube he provides a link to his company that sells solar equipment. Then on his business blog he posts this.

"Our current test bench took a fatal blow recently. Fortunately no one was seriously injured except, perhaps, Progressive Insurance who had to pay out for a “Total Loss”. Sorry Flo." Almost like he's laughing about it.

A total loss to the test bench and I'm sure Flo paid for the damage to the semi also, all because the jerk was not paying attention and driving too fast for the conditions he put himself in.

Not only do I not have any compassion for the man, I hope Progressive drops him like a rock, his rates increase 300%, and he walked away with a nice fat citation.

A real man accepts his mistakes and moves on. This guy wants to blame everyone else but himself. He blames the white car for not yielding to him although he was clearly moving into his lane, then he blames the truck for applying it's brakes. Please, everyone get out of my way, I'm on the road. Every village has an idiot and we've identified ours...just sayin. Sorry if anyone gets offended.....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
High speed, situational awareness inatention, lack of maneuvering distance equals an accident waiting to happen.

navegator

roam1
Explorer
Explorer
There is another thread in another popular RV forum where many chime in. I think the guy failed as a safe driver and hope he quits RVing.

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
You can clearly see the truck slowing. So he either wasn't paying attention or was hoping the white car was going to move over and let him in. Which it didn’t, and i assume he (white car) couldn’t see it had no idea what was going to happen.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

A bad day camping is

winniman
Explorer
Explorer
Here is an updated video they released to try to justify the fact that they weren't paying attention to the road ahead. Clearly driver error. The seem to be going through a lot of trouble producing a video instead of manning up, and admitting they made an error. They are lucky it wasn't a van full of kids. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kTnJsIl1ZE

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
As Desert Capt. said, "Clearly the A driver was driving too fast without nearly enough following distance."
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

GDS-3950BH
Explorer
Explorer
willald wrote:

At any rate, it may well be that that RV driver was at fault here. However, can we have a little bit of respect, compassion for the man?

Its so easy to call the other guy 'idiot' and everything else when things like this happen on the road, but reality is we ALL make mistakes from time to time.

Maybe, but in this case the guy is an idiot, actually he is something else. He captions the video to make it look like the white car which was in the lane beside him was somehow at fault, He almost caused the white car to nail the silver car to its left who also had to make an evasive maneuver.To top it off below the video on Youtube he provides a link to his company that sells solar equipment. Then on his business blog he posts this.

"Our current test bench took a fatal blow recently. Fortunately no one was seriously injured except, perhaps, Progressive Insurance who had to pay out for a “Total Loss”. Sorry Flo." Almost like he's laughing about it.

A total loss to the test bench and I'm sure Flo paid for the damage to the semi also, all because the jerk was not paying attention and driving too fast for the conditions he put himself in.

Not only do I not have any compassion for the man, I hope Progressive drops him like a rock, his rates increase 300%, and he walked away with a nice fat citation.

Although it is easy to be an armchair Quaterback after the fact, I'll toss in my .02

My opinion is that the driver of the RV was not paying attention closely enough, and reacted too late.

It was clear ( to me ) that the big rig was stopped with enough time for the RV to react and adapt..
Just MY opinion... Sorry for his loss, hope insurance was paid up !
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Desert_Captain
Explorer II
Explorer II
A couple of thoughts... I would much rather have been in my Class C {Ford E-350 Chassis} than a class A that came apart like a cheap card table. Not much steel between the occupants of an A vs a C. Anyone in the front passenger seat would have likely been severely injured or killed.

Clearly the A driver was driving too fast without nearly enough following distance. When your lane becomes obstructed you have to be able to stop as you have no right whatsoever to the next lane over UNLESS it is clear and safe to move into.

The "2 second rule" of following distance is the bare minimum for most vehicles and when you are in 20,000+# of RV you should make that the 4 second rule.

I'm glad the driver walked away, hope he bought lottery tickets on the way home. I'm guessing that once lovely Precept was fully insured so all in all he got away with some less than stellar driving.

As always... opinions and YMMV.

:E