cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Class A Front Winshield Trim Repair/Replacement

JC2
Explorer
Explorer
Last Aug 2018, we traded our 04 Newmar DSDP for a 2010 Newmar DutchAire DP. Part of the trade involved replacing the front windshield which was cracked. We then left after several days and left on several trips until the latter part of Sept.2018. We then began gradually working our way back towards where we bought the MH for replacement of our rv fridge with the Samsung counter depth one prior to heading to south Tx for the winter. Several days before arrival at the dealer, I noticed a vertical water leak approximately in front of the pass seat. The "glue" used by the dealer apparently did not setup properly so they redid the top rubber seal/moulding that goes the top of the windshield. We then left for Tx and (1)week after arrival, the seal came loose again. Has anyone called Guardian Glass, Safelite or some other company that works on class A windshields and had them respond to fix a "seal" problem only. Would prefer to get this redone before leaving south Tx on 5/3/19. Any comments plse.
2010 Newmar Dutch Aire 4304,Cummins ISL 425hp,Spartan MM Chassis,2013 Chev Equinox AWD Towed,Ready Brute Elite TowBar/Brake,FMCA #402879,SKP#120487
4 REPLIES 4

Bruce_Brown
I assume you are 100% positive it's the seal, correct? Otherwise I'd say check the marker lights, as where your leak is could easily be coming from a leaking marker light.

Want to ask me how I know. :B
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
Find out who fixed it at the dealer - I can almost assure they did not - and get the warranty from the company that did it
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
I would wait until you get to a destination where you will be staying for a period of time. Once there you could probably find an RV shop that will seal the windshield. This way you will not be driving away from the repair facility and it will give you time to inspect the repair and see if it is OK or have the RV shop do it again.

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Give a local glass shop a call and ask them. IIRC Safelite won't come out to repair someone else's mistake. Don't know about Guardian. Perhaps a call to your insurance company is also in order for advice. It's difficult for a forum to give you advice on an issue such as this as there are too many variables involved. There are many glass shops in south Texas as it's a big place. Google will be your friend here. Wherever you are in south Texas check for glass shops and make the call. Best of luck....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG