cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Class A Painting

pnordan
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone had their class painted? By whom? Approximate cost?

Thanks
Paul & Kristina
Lucy & Curly
2004 American Coach Tradition
2004 jeep Grand Cherokee
50 REPLIES 50

gatorcq
Explorer
Explorer
Precision Painting in Bremen, In.
Triple G in Liberty Hill, Tx
McMillian in Bremen, In.

Are just 3 that I know that do excellent full-body painting.
Ours in at Precision, going to paint next week. 4 colors. First call Paul, then email me if you are really serious (I will send a refer a friend card.
Link to Photos

Photo Link

Revised with photos
Dale & Susan
DaGirls II Rv - Dakota & Tilly Traveling Companions.
2008 Alfa Gold, 2015 Ford F150 XLT
Roadmaster and Air Brake System
1600 Watts, Magnum Inv/Chg&Solar
800 Lithium Battery
DaGirslRV Blog

okhmbldr
Explorer
Explorer
About six years ago I had a '76 GMC front wheel drive motorhome. It really needed new paint, was white with an ugly orange accent stripping. I checked with two motorhome paint and repair shops, $8-10K for three colors. I found a local MAACO paint shop that had a large paint booth for painting school busses. They did the three colors for $2800.00 and it looked great. I'm sure it would be more now with labor and material cost all higher, but it might be worth a look at that type of paint shop.

mc_cc
Explorer
Explorer
Popeyes 766. You have inspired me. Especially after seeing what the cost of a paint job is.
Mark

John_S_
Explorer II
Explorer II
A buddy of mine painted his coach. He paints cars he restores too. It depends on the paint and number of colors and the number of clear coats. His materials alone were almost 20,000. We are seeing a lot Foretravels get full paint jobs and with the top paints and 5-7 coats and pulling every window and slide room if they have them and backing the finish it runs about 20k or a bit more. This also include the roof with a spray with traction an r value as well as a different front paint to protect against chips.
John
2015 Born Free Royal Splendor on a Ford 550
2018 Rubicon
Boo Boo a Mi Kie
42' 36' & 34 Foretravels sold
2007 Born free 24 sold
2001 Wrangler sold
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland sold
Susie Dolly, Lolly &Doodle (CKC) now in our hearts and thoughts

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have seen $25,000+ paint jobs on some custom automobiles, and they were worth every penny. It is impossible to estimate what is a good price for an RV paint job without knowing the materials to be used, the prep work to be done, and the amount of care done to insure a good paint job. As with most things, if you shop price, you will usually get what you paid for. If you want, and demand, quality, it will cost you. High quality paint costs big money. High quality skilled labor, costs. Proper preparation of the surface to be painted takes time, and you are expected to pay for it. Removing all trim, windows, slide seals, etc, is necessary for a high quality paint job. Masking off of windows is much cheaper but is considered poor quality since the window seal around the edges will almost always result in peeling paint in a short time.
Enough clear coat to give a smooth finish between different colors is considered high quality. A noticeable bump between colors is considered acceptable if you are trying to save some money. Let your wallet be your guide.
Trying to save some money on your RV paint job may actually cost you some money when you try to sell it in the future. Poor quality paint jobs are easily spotted and it will make a perspective buyer wonder about your other maintenance practices.

mvpmich
Explorer
Explorer
Mvpmich wrote:
khahuna wrote:
Had full paint done to mine this past February - March. It was done in Bremen, Indiana by Mike's Custom Painting. I was charged $12,000 and that included some bodywork.

You overpaid!

Sorry, I responded to the wrong post.
mvpmich
2012 Sportscoach Cross Country 385 DS
Freightliner XCR w/ Cummins ISB 6.7L 340 hp
2009 Saturn Vue, Blue Ox Alpha, RVi Brake 2

mvpmich
Explorer
Explorer
khahuna wrote:
Had full paint done to mine this past February - March. It was done in Bremen, Indiana by Mike's Custom Painting. I was charged $12,000 and that included some bodywork.

You overpaid!
mvpmich
2012 Sportscoach Cross Country 385 DS
Freightliner XCR w/ Cummins ISB 6.7L 340 hp
2009 Saturn Vue, Blue Ox Alpha, RVi Brake 2

RayChez
Explorer
Explorer
I have to give it to Vacuumbed. Nice job!
2002 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser
330 HP Caterpillar 3126-E
3000 Allison Transmission
Neway Freightliner chassis
2017 Buick Envision

Gamoore
Explorer
Explorer
3 years ago we had our 2001 38ft diesel pusher painted in Bremen, IN by Precision Painting, included was:
    • 3 colors, 3 clear coats
    • Awnings removed and painted to match coach
    • New awning fabric
    • 3M mask on the front cap
    • All body work, and there was a lot
    • Radiused aluminum roof edges installed
    • New slide out seals
    • Slide out ends painted to match
    • All penetrations of the exterior walls resealed

When completed it was gorgeus with a mirror finish. Original estimate over the phone was $17,000, final cost was just under $19,000. I know that is a lot but you get what you pay for.

Diesel Driver
2001 37' Harney Renegade Classic
330 HP CAT
2014 Chevy Malibu LTZ

popeye766
Explorer
Explorer

Pace Arrow

popeye766
Explorer
Explorer
Front and rear to go....I have to have everything ready the night before cause I shoot right after daylight if humidity is right..I have to have temps under 80 , about 74 humidity and absolutely no wind. it has been 90+ about 10 AM and to hot to shoot.

popeye766
Explorer
Explorer

popeye766
Explorer
Explorer

White lighting metalflake added to clear to create a stardust trail behind the shooting star

dadd45
Explorer
Explorer
popeye766, you may want to "hang out your shingle".....I know a lot of pros who couldn't do it any better.......I've had a few old-timers tell me "if you want a job done right, do it yourself"......great job
DadD45
2004 Cross Country Coachmen
2001 Wrangler behind
JUST HAVIN' FUN!!!

popeye766
Explorer
Explorer

pace arrow