Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Class B license to other states

kohana
Explorer
Explorer
Hey,
Thanks on the response on my PB license post. So next is if I get my class B in AZ than move to Tx does it transfer the same as my regular license would.
2006 Ram 2500 Cummins, 6 sp manual, pacbrake
2011 Montana Mountaineer 335RET, Mor/ryde PB
Trailersaver BD3 hitch--Smooth ridin'
4 REPLIES 4

FrankoToo
Explorer
Explorer
Yes. If your class B is current, it will transfer to TX class B no questions asked. Just be sure to tell them your current license is a class B and that's what you want for your new one otherwise they may not catch it and issue a normal license.
FrankoToo
2018 Cruiser Stryker ST2313
2011 Ford F450 6.7L PS 4X4 Crew Cab Lariat

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
From Moving to Texas

Transferring an Out of State Driver License to Texas

New Texas residents can legally drive with a valid, unexpired driver license from another U.S. state, U.S. territory, Canadian province, or qualifying country for up to 90 days after moving to Texas.

Prior to the end of the 90 day grace period, a new Texas resident must apply for a Texas license in person at any driver license office to continue to drive legally. When applying for the new Texas license the individual must surrender any unexpired driver license in their possession from another U.S. state, U.S. territory or a Canadian province.

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
Correct. If you move your legal address, you will need to get a new driver's license that conforms to the requirements of your new state.

Same for registration of you vehicle(s)-- they will need to be properly registered/licensed in your new state.
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
I fairly sure if you actually move versus passing through, to another state you will need to get a new license and tags for all drivers/ vehicles within a set time period. Check with Texas.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT