cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Class B Windows

mtnhhiker
Explorer
Explorer
We are looking at purchasing a Class B van and wondering why all the vans have such tiny windows that open? Seems that fresh air circulation would be very poor in Class B vans. Has anyone replaced the van windows with windows that have screens that open wide to allow better ventilation?
5 REPLIES 5

gdoug83
Explorer
Explorer
retired4fun2002 wrote:
Crank open those small windows, turn on that Fantastic Fan - priceless! On rainy days/nights, you can crack them open and not have to worry about getting water inside. Just my two cents.

Agree. We only turn the a/c on when it is hot and especially humid. Common here in Florida. But when not, those windows and Fantastic Fan are great. We also put this on when we can't park in the shade. Pay no attention to the photo, it fits our Sprinter perfect.
Doug
2010 RT RS Adventurous
Sprinter 3500

retired4fun2002
Explorer
Explorer
Crank open those small windows, turn on that Fantastic Fan - priceless! On rainy days/nights, you can crack them open and not have to worry about getting water inside. Just my two cents.

Moved from Forum Technical Support

NCWriter
Explorer
Explorer
This is only a guess, but my understanding is that Mercedes has to approve the designs that Sprinter conversion companies use and sign off on the structural integrity, appearance, etc before they allow them to sell them as new vehicles with the badge on the grill.

I believe the factory Sprinter trucks have no operable windows aft of the cabs. But apparently Mercedes approves the small tilt-out windows some converters use. Ours came with screens.

They actually work fairly well because in addition to airflow with the roof vent & F. Fan, the little windows can be used when it is raining, and can be left open when you are away from the RV or while driving. It would be hard for a thief to reach in and get anything or gain access through them. We leave ours open during hot weather while parked in our driveway to let heat escape.

You can buy or make screens for your front cab power windows very easily - we bought Skeeter Beaters online that attach around the driver & passenger window openings with magnets.

Some newer conversions have very nice optional or standard screen arrangements inside of the side sliding door and at the back, inside the two cargo doors. Some Sprinter suppliers sell screening for these openings, and some peope make their own.

We rarely use the AC unless the humidity is really bad.

francheska
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry have not replaced any windows on my Class B but with fantastic fan and the windows open you get
a lot of air flow thru the van. We hardly ever use the Air conditioner but we are in the north west.