Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Class Bs with Twin Beds other than the Travato 59K

DeanCHS1980
Explorer
Explorer
Hi All,

We just finished our 4th season as empty nesters camping in our โ€˜05 Casita 17โ€ FD travel trailer. Nearly 200 wonderful nights later, we are wondering about adding a small used motorhome. After retirement in 3 years, we might think about a small Class C 25โ€™ or under. Until then, we would like to try a used Class B motorhome. We are fans of the Winnebago Travato 59K, but they have only been out a few years and used prices are general 60K and up. Are there other Class Bs with the twin bed layout? A bathroom is a must as well.

Thanks,

Dean
19 REPLIES 19

DeanCHS1980
Explorer
Explorer
Hi All,

Looking like there are more and more manufacturers with Class Bs similar to the Travato 59K. I am also finding some "older" (2010 plus/minus) Pleasureway products that have twin beds in the rear.

Thank you!

Dean

SkiMore
Explorer
Explorer
Thor Motor Coach Sequence 20L

Songbirds
Explorer
Explorer
YES, Now I'm sure you know by now there is a WET Bath and DRY bath?WET Bath and DRY bath? A dry bath is like what you have at home. A wet Bath you take a shower with sink, toilet bowl all getting wet. Winnebago may have a new model, but they have been building for years so I'm only saying that should not run you away. Here is one of the three models you may like from Leisure Vans, Coachmen.
Now I know you are in search of a USED VAN under 60K. But you won't find any used VAN Floorplans.

Leisure Vans

CoachmenRV
This one you may like as they have more Class B models to view. Find what you like search dealers lots for used ones.
Thur Industries Class B
2021 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Van, showing six tires down, 3400XD, V6, 7-Speed Automatic 24FL, 170-WB, 24'-3", Coachmen Galleria w/Li3, "Next ROAD TRIP" to where?

tom28
Explorer
Explorer
I saw a Coachmen RV at our friends'. I like they options they have. coachmen rv reviewsalso look good for the users.

sask66
Explorer
Explorer
We bought a Coachmen CrossFit 22c. Itโ€™s a class b camper van.It has a couch in the back but the CrossFit d has 2 beds. Itโ€™s on a Ford transit 350 van and so far we have been pleased with the quality. There are a few used ones around but they are a fairly new build so there may not be ones older than few years ago....not sure.

DeanCHS1980
Explorer
Explorer
Songbirds wrote:
All Three Class Bs, by Coachmen

Not sure where you are but here are some new and used on this site. in OHIO
Shafer RV

Then you have General RV

In reviewing your post, Coachmen RV Class Bs models all have twin beds. However, theNEW MODEL BEYOND-22RB shows a FULL WET REAR BATH.

Hi Songbirds,

I like a couple of the options that Coachmen has. I am not sure how long they have been out in terms of availability used, but it is nice to have additional names and options.

Thx,

Dean

Songbirds
Explorer
Explorer
All Three Class Bs, by Coachmen

Not sure where you are but here are some new and used on this site. in OHIO
Shafer RV

Then you have General RV

In reviewing your post, Coachmen RV Class Bs models all have twin beds. However, theNEW MODEL BEYOND-22RB shows a FULL WET REAR BATH.
2021 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Van, showing six tires down, 3400XD, V6, 7-Speed Automatic 24FL, 170-WB, 24'-3", Coachmen Galleria w/Li3, "Next ROAD TRIP" to where?

Durb
Explorer
Explorer
Thor Vegas 24.1 has twin beds and a dry bath. It is a miniature class A built on a class C chassis. Ford V10.

NoVa_RT
Explorer
Explorer
Roadtrek (and others) offered twin beds that became a king or queen bed by moving a few cushions, with storage under the twin bed platforms. By the time I bought at the end of the 2013 model year, the electric sofa option seemed to be overtaking the twin beds in popularity. There should be some available in the previously-owned market.
2013 RT 190-Popular

DeanCHS1980
Explorer
Explorer
Deb and Ed M wrote:
Sportsmobile is a custom van upfitter who offers twin bed options - it's always worth a search for that name

Deb and Ed M,

Great idea! Sportsmobile is a high end niche producer of Class Bs. I had forgotten about them. I will keep them on my short last. Used is a must, given the price of new ones!!! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Thx,

Dean

DeanCHS1980
Explorer
Explorer
lucy6194 wrote:
We bought a 2014Winnebago navion this past summer. 25.5 ft so I can drive it. Twin beds,diesel. Traded our 5th wheel so down sized. Price was under 60k and mileage 26k.

Hi lucy6194,

The Winnebago Views/Navions are sweet small Class Cs!!! Your twin bed model is my favorite floor plan!

Thx,

Dean

DeanCHS1980
Explorer
Explorer
hoosiermark wrote:
I bought a Hymer Sunlight Van One 2018 with 18K miles in August. Price was $40K from camping world. It has two single beds or makes a queen size. Hymer has gotten a lot of bad publicity but mine seems like a good one and we are pleased with it.
We thought it would make a good starter unit so we could figure out what we really want based upon how we use it in the next few years. It took me about 2 years to find a deal on one. I had driven a couple but the price was more then I wanted to pay. ( I tell people look up the word cheap in the dictionary and you see my picture)

Hi hoosiermark,

Hmm, I was not familiar with the Hymer Sunlight Van One. It is similar to the Winnebago Travato 59K. Nice!

Thx,

Dean

P.S. - I used to work in Batesville, IN!

DeanCHS1980
Explorer
Explorer
ItsyRV wrote:
A friend bought a Gulfstream BT Cruiser 5210 with the 2 couch/beds (can also be had with a single couch/bed and dinette). Very compact but seems big inside for the size. Has full dry bath. Nice kitchen and big fridge. Comes pretty well equip with everything. He got it after haggling for under 50K with all the options that were available.

BT Cruiser 5210

Hi ItsyRV,

I like the floor plan in the BT Cruiser 5210. It is a sweet small Class C. We are leaning toward a used Class B first with a slightly larger, but small Class C in a few years.

Thx,

Dean

DeanCHS1980
Explorer
Explorer
Islandman wrote:
Take a look at a used Pleasure Way Class B, they are well made and are quite reasonable if you look for one about 10 years old or so. Earlier ones are on a Dodge chassis which we used to own and the newer ones (about 2004 and up) are on the Ford chassis. Length is about 21 ft if I remember correctly. For something a little bigger, you might consider a small Class C in the 23 ft range like a used Coach House, say a 2005 model. That would be about $25K, maybe a little more if it was low mileage and in perfect shape.

Hi Islandman,

Agreed the Pleasureway is a fine small motorhome. We like the Pursuit that they manufactured from 2013 to 2015; however, it is a small Class C. After further research, I think the Pleasureway Excel TD has twin beds. The Excel TS might work as well in terms of being a flexible floor plan that could be used in a twin format.

Love Coach House! Even used they are pricey, but owning a Casita, I am a fan of their 1 piece molded fiberglass shell.

Thanks,

Dean