cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clear oily liquid leaking from under kitchen cabinet

nanooy614
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2012 Class C Itasca Impulse and after the last 2 uses have noticed a clear slightly oily liquid or fluid leaking out from under the kitchen cabinet (when parked on a slant in my driveway. I pulled the bottom drawer out and it appears to be coming from the area of the converter behind where the breakers are. Interestingly enough I see a post on here from 2012 where someone was asking about the same issue with their 2011 Itasca Impulse. That person said the converter had been changed, and that wasn’t the issue, but they never did say what it turned out to be. I talked to Winnebago and they didn’t have any recommendations or suggestions. Posting here to see if anyone might know what/where this liquid could be coming from. TIA!
14 REPLIES 14

Paul_Bell
Explorer
Explorer
Given that the leak appears to be coming from the area of the converter behind the breakers, start by inspecting all the connections around the converter and breaker panel. Look for any signs of loose fittings, cracked hoses, or damaged seals that might be causing the leak. It sounds obvoius but it could be the case. In case my advice won't work feel free to contact https://www.emop.co.uk/.

Rick_Jay
Explorer II
Explorer II
Nanooy614, Glad to hear you were able to trace down the source, and thanks for posting the solution for those who read this in the future! 🙂

~Rick
2005 Georgie Boy Cruise Master 3625 DS on a Workhorse W-22
Rick, Gail, 1 girl (27-Angel since 2008), 1 girl (22), 2 boys (23 & 20).
2001 Honda Odyssey, Demco Aluminator tow bar & tow plate, SMI Silent Partner brake controller.

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
Thanks for the come back, nanooy, glad you found the problem, all too often folks never come back on here to say that they've solved the issue, leaving the rest of us scratching our heads and wondering.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ok good job. I’m glad to hear that. Not as glad as you, i’ll bet :B

nanooy614
Explorer
Explorer
Wow bobndot! Impressive job of tracing the source of your leak! Well, I discovered that my leak was coming from the kitchen faucet, running down the wall to under the cabinet, puddling there and then out from under the cabinet across the floor went parked on a slant. Nothing in the cabinet under the sink was wet, oddly enough, so although an easy fix, it took a bit to find the problem. Happy to report the issue has been solved! 🙂

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
If leaking on a slant, the leak source is coming from the high side. It could be traveling the entire distance of the rv. Use a level to see how the rv is leaning while parked where you discovered this.

30 feet from : My cabover roof had a leak on the passenger side. I discovered the water leaking out near my dump valve on the driver side rear . It traveled across the 8’ rv width then down the entire length. That water can and will mix with anything along the way while seeking a low point to escape. Sometimes the liquid will puddle enroute.

The water entered at the roof passenger side
Then rearward along the overhead Queen bed
It then ran down behind the passenger seat
It then ran across the floor to the drivers side, then along the drivers side, out the rear.

nanooy614
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Rick, it doesn’t have any smell, and I would say there is too much of it to be from a
rodent.

Rick_Jay
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not trying to be funny or anything, but does it smell like mouse pee?

~Rick
2005 Georgie Boy Cruise Master 3625 DS on a Workhorse W-22
Rick, Gail, 1 girl (27-Angel since 2008), 1 girl (22), 2 boys (23 & 20).
2001 Honda Odyssey, Demco Aluminator tow bar & tow plate, SMI Silent Partner brake controller.

nanooy614
Explorer
Explorer
I just saw the post along about the capacitor in the converter leaking. I know nothing about these things….so you may be onto something there?! I will do some research on that, thanks!

nanooy614
Explorer
Explorer
The slide is on the other side of the motorhome, so not related to that. I did check to see if there could be anything leaking from the cabinet and found nothing. The liquid is too watery to be cooking oil. I removed the bottom drawer so I could see under the cabinet and no items have fallen back there and spilled. There’s a silver box labeled “power supply” that sits on the floor right behind the breaker board, and there appears to be some white-ish frothy/foamy substance there also along with the liquid. I am taking it in tomorrow to be looked at, and will let you know what I find out. Thank you for the possible suggestions!

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
Some kind of cleaning product or cooking oil that spilled ?
I have had plastic bottles crack and leak from bouncing down the road. Temp changes too.

StarkNaked
Explorer II
Explorer II
Could it be oil leaking from a capacitor in the convertor?

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Or gearbox oil from electric slide?
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
Is this in a slide? Hydraulic fluid?