cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coachmen Freelander 3150SS Ceiling Material

41woodie
Explorer
Explorer
Beloved grandchild managed to damage the upper fromt corner ceiling above the cabover bunk. It appears to be very light masonite or similar material with a textured plastic "wallpaper" on the interior surface. Does this stuff have a proper name or does anyone know of a source for it. Thanks for any suggestions for my repair.
'09 Coachmen Freelander 3150SS
2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Edition Tow'd
Blue Ox towing system
5 REPLIES 5

FunTwoDrv
Explorer
Explorer
Give Coachmen a call...they have provided detail info to us in the past.

Gary

41woodie
Explorer
Explorer
bukhrn wrote:
A photo might help, but sounds like it could be FRP, (fiberglass reinforced plastic).

Thanks for the response, it's not FRP, I'm pretty familiar with that product and this stuff is nowhere near that good. This appears to have all of the structural strength of a wet Kleenex
Blue Ox towing system

41woodie
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry for the delay in my response Beloved Grandchild had a football game. I found a reference to the material in a 2018 Freelander Brochure. They call it Matador Frost – Hardboard Ceiling Panels. I also found something similar but it is laminated to 1/8" Luan which mine is not.
I believe the hardboard description is the correct one as the reverse side is embossed with a pattern like window screen like masonite is.
Still haven't found a source for it but will call Coachmen tomorrow and give them a laugh. The company that sold the product that is on Luan is located in Pennsylvania and state they won't ship. My being in Oklahoma makes it a bit unhandy.
Blue Ox towing system

pauldub
Explorer
Explorer
RV paneling is usually luan with a vinyl material applied to the "good" side.

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
A photo might help, but sounds like it could be FRP, (fiberglass reinforced plastic).
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund