cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coachmen mirada 29fw vs Thor Hurricane 29M

Viken
Explorer
Explorer
Hello all. Going to move to a Class A. Wife and I have started looking. We are going new, and we really like the floor plan of these two. Ive done my research, but still would like your input. We are looking between these two. The Coachmen mirada 29FW, and the Thor Hurricane 29M. Has any one else considered these two. Im not sure if the Azdel means anything, I have never had before. I will be getting rid of my 5Th wheel for this Class A. Wife said no way to used, and she has to have a king bed. We have also found both of these for under 100K. Heck I have seen them for under 90K. So price is where I want to be. The king bedroom is nice. Also the length is about what I want. We like the full wall slide. Seems like the are strong enough. Old post said they were weak in the beggining. I have no dealer close to me so I will have to drive to get camper, so I don't care about that either. Also both have the same chassis. Thanks guys for all the advice in advance.
2021 Ram 3500. Torque t285 toy hauler
15 REPLIES 15

Viken
Explorer
Explorer
Nice. Looked on eBay last night. Yup that is our plan. New bed and all the cloth covered stuff replaced, or I should say recovered. Wife like to sew so that’s her job.

Ranger_Smith
Explorer
Explorer
Viken wrote:
Yup I’m looking on trader now. She is very excited. Took a bit to sell her on used but she’s a team player. This might take me some time to find the right one.

Also with used you wont take the depreciation hit on it as you will with new. I never buy new . . . Always slightly used. Don't want to throw 20 to 50k out the window when I drive off the lot. Also e-bay has some good deals on RV's. I purchased one off e-bay. Private seller would be better and you can get pre approved from Essex Credit etc
Where we are now

Amateur Radio Operator WW1SS . . . Flex 6500 PGXL and TGXL
Steve and Joy
2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q . . . 2016 Lincoln MKX
The Doodles, Abbie & Abel
Baby and Kissie the Chihuahuas and Lucy the Biewere Yorkie

captnjack
Explorer
Explorer
She may feel better about used if you promise to replace the bedding and possibly reupholster the furniture.

Good luck!

Viken
Explorer
Explorer
Yup I’m looking on trader now. She is very excited. Took a bit to sell her on used but she’s a team player. This might take me some time to find the right one.

Ranger_Smith
Explorer
Explorer
Viken wrote:
So sad. I’ve been very lucky with all my other campers. Slide in truck campers. Pop ups. Travel trailers. And this fifth wheel have all been very descent. I’ll keep looking till I find what I want. She did say on drive back that used would be ok, but will not budge on king bed.
So I need a king bed class A, gas camper. I’ll find one eventually that I like.

Go to RV Trader and do a specific search for what you want for amenities and your budget. I agree that your wife will definitely NOT be happy with a THOR ACE or the MIRADA.
Where we are now

Amateur Radio Operator WW1SS . . . Flex 6500 PGXL and TGXL
Steve and Joy
2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q . . . 2016 Lincoln MKX
The Doodles, Abbie & Abel
Baby and Kissie the Chihuahuas and Lucy the Biewere Yorkie

ErnieHV
Explorer
Explorer
Bought my Hurricane 29M last October. Still waiting on warranty work to be completed.

Viken
Explorer
Explorer
So sad. I’ve been very lucky with all my other campers. Slide in truck campers. Pop ups. Travel trailers. And this fifth wheel have all been very descent. I’ll keep looking till I find what I want. She did say on drive back that used would be ok, but will not budge on king bed.
So I need a king bed class A, gas camper. I’ll find one eventually that I like.

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
Viken wrote:
Ya I just looked at them. They seem nice but wow they cost as much as the ones I’m looking at and they are 5 years old. Wife won’t do that. She hates used.

Well, she's not going to like new either, especially at the entry level. They are turning out incomplete units and counting on the dealer to finish them up. The shop at the place I work (not a dealer) is catching the overflow from the local CW. Nothing but problems at that end of the price spectrum.

Lots of unhappy CW customers in our area. Buy a rig in June and find out that CW can't do the warranty work until September.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

lryrob9301
Explorer
Explorer
Trust me you DO NOT want a Thor product, they are ****, and Thor will not support what they sell !!!!

Viken
Explorer
Explorer
We just went back and looked at the Thor again. Not sure if the quality is what I want. It’s close but for the price I’m not sure. We are going to make a vacation trip and see a mirada. We will have to make a drive but that’s ok. Have to see when we can do that. If I don’t like those. I’ll start looking used. Just can’t tell the wife.

Viken
Explorer
Explorer
Well good news. I sold the truck. Now I’ll give it a couple months to sell the camper. Then I’ll get the class a.

lryrob9301
Explorer
Explorer
Anything but a Thor product !!!

Community Alumni
Not applicable
If the prices and features are comparable, I would go with the Coachmen Mirada. Based on the YT videos I saw, the Coachmen looks more upscale and nicer finish. The Hurricane, in my opinion, looks outright cheap.

Viken
Explorer
Explorer
Ya I just looked at them. They seem nice but wow they cost as much as the ones I’m looking at and they are 5 years old. Wife won’t do that. She hates used.