Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cool faces in front door window

Momboy007
Explorer
Explorer
Hello All,
Just got back from a nice vacation to Yellowstone and noticed many of the rented out Class C motorhomes had pictures in the Coach entry
window, I thought they were too cool!
Where do you purchase these?
Some of the pictures looked like little kids peaking out the window, some were children smiling

Thanks,
Rick
15 REPLIES 15

The_Dung_Beetle
Explorer
Explorer
Now.. this would SCARE ME! Noooo knocking on this RV door!

:W
~ It's a fine line between hobby and mental illness ~ Dave Barry

Carl, Felicia, Eva & Pip (the fur kids)

The_Dung_Beetle
Explorer
Explorer
mockturtle wrote:
Maybe I could get one with a crazed zombie face to deter intruders. :B

LOL... maybe Cujo??

"CUJO LIVES HERE"

Hehe.... I work for a school.. not into terrorizing little kids at all, but this is just for grins and giggles.
~ It's a fine line between hobby and mental illness ~ Dave Barry

Carl, Felicia, Eva & Pip (the fur kids)

my440
Explorer III
Explorer III
Whats wrong with the dog graphic? Why phase it out? What kind of child would be scared of it?

If I was a child first thing that would come to my mind is why are them people not wearing their seatbelts as its roaring down the highway?
The dog...if I seen him I would be an RVer for ever.

edited:

Ok just read its scaring the children riding in the rv.
Big dog near the back door, right next to where I have to go pee.:h

TInmania
Explorer
Explorer
Bobbo wrote:
mockturtle wrote:

You couldn't do better than a picture of my German Shepherd Dog looking out the door. He looks scary to ME! That is him jumping through the ring on my signature.

I think he looks adorable and happy!

Mike

Momboy007
Explorer
Explorer
Wow Mocoondo,
You are absolutely correct, that is a pic of what I was seeing, never got close enough to tell, they absolutely look like photo's.
They are still really neat and I must have one!

Thanks,
Rick

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
mockturtle wrote:

You couldn't do better than a picture of my German Shepherd Dog looking out the door. He looks scary to ME! That is him jumping through the ring on my signature.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

Mocoondo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Momboy007 wrote:
These were not stained glass, but rather pictures of children heads, like they were looking out the entry window, they were really neat and made me smile everytime I saw one

Rick

You fell for an optical illusion.

The decal you saw was not "on" a window. It actually just looks like a window and takes the place of the window in the coach entry door on newer rental motorhomes. You will find either the two kids or, less common, a dog, but the dog is being phased out because it scares the actual children traveling in the motorhome.

Coach entry doors on rental RV's get slammed, damaged, etc., and it is a common replacement item. The door without a window costs less to replace than a door with window. Also, fewer parts to stock. On the windowed door, the pane of glass is sandwiched between an interior and an exterior frame. These frames are known to fade and break over time, allowing the glass to fall out. This was just a creative way to make a rental motorhome more trouble-free.

Most people don't even notice this subtle change. 🙂

wcferb
Explorer
Explorer
You can order window clings from Walgreens. Check there

mockturtle
Explorer
Explorer
2015 Tiger Bengal TX 4X4
Chevy 3500HD, 6L V8

loulou57
Explorer
Explorer
I wonder if they had taken a photo into a graphic shop and had no hem made to size the windows. We have had graphics made from a photo to put on the side of a boat so it makes sense that it would work on windows.
Contact a graphic shop and question the possibility.

rv2go
Explorer
Explorer
Window Graphics are mostly used by commercial users. A Google search should give you options
Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4
I'm here #4335
Blog

rv2go
Explorer
Explorer
Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4
I'm here #4335
Blog

Momboy007
Explorer
Explorer
These were not stained glass, but rather pictures of children heads, like they were looking out the entry window, they were really neat and made me smile everytime I saw one

Rick

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
Home depot sells stain glass film you cut to fit your application
Traveling with my best friend my wife!