cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

CW hitch install?

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
ROTFLMAO.......say this at my local HD today. Wonder what it is rated for.

1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU
15 REPLIES 15

Explorer
Explorer
I don't get it. What's wrong with it?
The manatees of Halls river Homosassa Springs Fl

1985 Chevy Silverado c10. 454 stroker / 495 CI = 675 HP. 650lb of torque. Turb0 400 tranny. 3000 stall converter. Aluminum heads. 3 inch exhaust flowmasters. 2 inch headers. Heat and air. Tubed.

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
The very first time we rented a camper when I was a kid, was a pop up. They put a "bumper hitch" on our 65 rambler wagon and away we went!

1968mooney
Explorer
Explorer
Pretty common application in Conn.

old guy wrote:
that has redneck written all over it

That there is a bit of gold ole fashion Red neck ingenuity ! !
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
that has redneck written all over it

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
My God, and they are driving around out there. A work buddy and I always said that we were going to write a book "My life among morons". Lol

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
That is a old uhual hitch from the 70s

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
Eureka!

Why have I not thought of those chains to reinforce my bumper to carry that massive WD hitch mount?

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
If CW installed that hitch it was many years ago and the installers have moved up to senior management IMO.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Class 1 hitch (or class 1/2) less than 1,000 trailer and about 100 pounds tong weight... That actually looks like a hitch Kit I have seen in catalogs. Good for a short U-haul that's about it.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
Swinging that rear door open is a pain though.

Mortimer_Brewst
Explorer
Explorer
Thatโ€™s probably a better tow vehicle than some Iโ€™ve seen. Caprice Classic station wagon from the early 80โ€™s?
If ethics are poor at the top, that behavior is copied down through the organization - Robert Noyce

2018 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2019 Coachmen Chaparral 298RLS

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
Way back when, the bumpers were made out of real thick steel, and lots of it. We used to use the universal type hitches that bolted/clamped on to the existing bumper all of the time to haul boats, etc.
In this case, I would say that the steel plate is the strongest part of the whole hitch and probably has more steel in it than the bumper does. :B

1995brave
Nomad
Nomad
I wonder if the two chains tied around the bumper are for the safety chains.