cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dash cam

David0725
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hi with Father's day coming up I and thinking about a Dash cam for the moho. Any recommendations?
1994 Holiday Rambler Imperial DP
1999 Honda Accord V6 Toad
9 REPLIES 9

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
https://www.amazon.com/COOAU-Rotation-Recorder-Supercapacitor-Loop-Recording/dp/B0BNSQYWZK/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?crid=3OCLBQOL6TDR0&keywords=coco+dash+cam&qid=1686434077&sprefix=coco+dash+cam%2Caps%2C108&sr=8-3

This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

Yankee_Clipper
Explorer
Explorer
I found a brand named VAVA on newegg. With 128GB drive, it loop records over 9 hours
Yankee Clipper
2014 Winnebago Sightseer 33C on Ford F53 6.8l V10
2014 Honda CRV 4 down toad/Roadmaster Falcon2 with EvenBrake
TireMinder TPMS,Tiger, the Little Big Man minidachshund,
Rosey the minidachshund resident Princess-in-Chief

Howzer
Explorer
Explorer
***I can't vouch for long-term reliability, since I only purchased it this year, but I got this one on Amazon and it seems a good bang-for-the-buck... (4K, forward and inside cab plus wifi and gps)

https://www.amazon.com/Sarmert-Dashcam-Backup-Camera-Parking/dp/B0BL7X341V/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=4K+Dual+Dash+Cam%2C+WiFi+GPS+Car+Camera+w%2F64GB+Card%2C+IR+Night+Vision&sr=8-3

***Link Removed***

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Most any dash cam from the cheap one on the As See on On TV shelf at Wal-mart or other stores to some costing hundreds of dollars are good for "Down the Road" stuff. I use one of the cheap jobs....

Some of them are motion senistive. Operate even when the vehicle is "At rest" (parked and shut down) And will call your phone if the vehicle is "Bumped" when parked... Yup they are that advanced.

here is one link I found Can not vouch for the presentation. NOT one of the names sounded familiar and a professional trucker friend of mine has suggested.. I just do not recall the name without a memory bump.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

gvisnic
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2005 Huricane and wanted a dash cam and android auto. From amazon I purchased ATOTO P8 Portable Wireless Android Auto 7inch Car Stereo, Wireless CarPlay, with 1080P Dual Recording Cameras, Remote Control, WDR & Auto Dimmer, Fast Charge, Support Up to 128G SD, P807PR. It has been great so far

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Just avoid Viofo. They're good about replacing defective units but after three warranty replacements and each one having its own problems, I'd avoid them like the plague.

SuperBus
Nomad
Nomad
After an unfortunate event where a dash cam would have saved me from paying my insurance deductible, I installed a dash cam. The one I installed is a Pioneer VREC-Z710DH. I chose that one because of the numerous features, but also because of its second camera. One note I would make, at least about this unit, is that it is not designed for a nearly vertical windshield like the ones in a Class A. The way I installed mine solved that issue, but I would not have been able to mount it right to the windshield as most car installs do.

So far a great unit, looking forward to getting some great footage when heading out west this summer.

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
We just installed a Pioneer AVH3500NEX it include stereo, 6 speaker capability, phone, GPS moving map, regular radio, It fits in the space of the older radios.. with a removal anti theft module.
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.

wallynm
Explorer
Explorer
Next Base 622 is absolutely the best way to go. Records speed, location and records to you phone if ...
Have a Diesel Engine Diesel RV Club

Have a Freightliner FCOC Web Page

Living on the memories now
EX 02 DSDP 3567
EX 99 Coachmen
EX 86 Georgie Boy
EX 75 Winnie
EX 72 Sightseer
EX 68 Brave

THOSE THAT DO NOT KNOW HISTORY ARE DOOMED TO REPEAT IT