cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diamond Shield removal

srx-6
Explorer
Explorer
We are going to Ft. Meyers next week to have the clear film removed from our Monaco. I am pretty sure I do not want another one installed but, I do think I need some sort of protection for the front. I have looked at the spray on material and they are ugly. I am afraid that a bra will do more harm to the paint than rock chips. Any suggestions for front of coach protection?
JB & MB
2009 Monaco Camelot 42PDQ
2008 Jeep Wrangler
4 REPLIES 4

irishtom29
Explorer
Explorer
I think chipped paint looks better than a bra.

batman69
Explorer
Explorer
Forgot to add....had bra on previous motorhome …a pain and the moisture under it caused the paint to blister.they also shrink and had to buy 3 over the years at 600 or more apiece

...no bra for me.....

batman69
Explorer
Explorer
Called Diamond Shield....had old one put one at fact 2003 I guess...they came to my house removed old and put one new...took about 3 days and 1500 dollars ...prob more now been awhile...1 man and he stayed in hotel...was a pleasant experience...worth the money...paint was like new under the old shield....

pigman1
Explorer
Explorer
I peeled a 2008 Allegro Bus and installed a bra from RV Bra. When I ordered my 2013 I specified NO Diamond Shield in the order, but it came through with it installed. After a bit of yelling, Tiffin peeled it, and repainted where necessary and I got my second bra from the the RV and Offroad folks. we now have over 110,000 miles on the coach and have had occasional hits from rocks that did nothing but put a small chip in the paint underneath. These chips are easily fixed. If I got the the hits I got with the bra on with only having Diamond Shield on, the Diamond Shield would have had to be peeled at least 6-8 times because you can't fix paint chips under Diamond Shield without peeling it. We have driven to Alaska 9 times and the front of our coach looks like new. When the bra is exposed to mud, dirt and road debris I remove it and hose it off, front and back. NO PAINT SCRATCHING under it and we probably run about 100 miles a year on gravel/dirt roads.
Pigman & Piglady
2013 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43' QGP
2011 Chevy Silverado 1500
SMI Air Force One toad brake
Street Atlas USA Plus