cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Diamond Shield

Big_Jimmy
Explorer
Explorer
2011 Tiffin - any good ideas on how to clean our Diamond Shield front body covering.
6 REPLIES 6

Yankee_Clipper
Explorer
Explorer
The green measles...went through that a couple of years ago. LCI replaced it under warranty, catch was I had to drive the rig to Forest City. Okay, pleasant trip, they took off the Diamond Shield and put on a new generation 3M plastic that looks great. Even buffed out the damaged paint underneath. Lifetime warranty on new product, no charge (except the travel). Local shop quoted me $1200 labor plus new fabric and paint. Yikes!
Yankee Clipper
2014 Winnebago Sightseer 33C on Ford F53 6.8l V10
2014 Honda CRV 4 down toad/Roadmaster Falcon2 with EvenBrake
TireMinder TPMS,Tiger, the Little Big Man minidachshund,
Rosey the minidachshund resident Princess-in-Chief

PastorCharlie
Explorer
Explorer
The problem is it mildews on back side.

Big_Jimmy
Explorer
Explorer
thanks for the information, I don't need to remove the diamond shield just clean as good as possible.

PastorCharlie
Explorer
Explorer
On a hot summer day parked heading into the afternoon sun wife and I removed our in a couple days. Heat is a must and the sun provided sufficient for our removal.

jorbill2or
Explorer II
Explorer II
If it has mold / stuff growing under it ( normally what happens ) it isnโ€™t cleaned it must be removed . Itโ€™s not easy. I paid a detailer to remove mine .. 800 bucks additional while I was having a wash wax and wheel polish done. The removal took 3 guys working together with wallpaper steamers , plastic razor blades โ€ฆ a pack of 100 all over the ground .. and a solution of their own โ€ฆ and lots of towels etc several hours For an idea what your in for Google ugly shield in Tampa .. they do in house removal snd also sell solutions for do it yourself. I didnโ€™t use them but their info is accurate last I looked There are other solutions .. good luck.
If your โ€œjustโ€ cleaning a perfect new shield I used 303 protectant.. but of course it didnโ€™t stop the ugly progression.
Iโ€™m not a fan of shields and will just budget a repaint if I need it in 6-7 years .. but thatโ€™s just me others swear by the shield
Bill

Ranger_Smith
Explorer
Explorer
I got it off somewhat easily using a heat gun and plastic body chissels. Did it on all my wheel wells where they had it. Got the set of chissels on amazon. They'll remove the shield and wont scratch the paint. I then used mineral spirits to get the remaining goop off.
Where we are now

Amateur Radio Operator WW1SS . . . Flex 6500 PGXL and TGXL
Steve and Joy
2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q . . . 2016 Lincoln MKX
The Doodles, Abbie & Abel
Baby and Kissie the Chihuahuas and Lucy the Biewere Yorkie