cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Do air bags air up at start up of my class A. Beaver mtr hm?

desertratt1
Explorer
Explorer
Hi new to air ride suspension. Do the bags air up on start up or do i have to make that happen. when storing rig after jacks are set do i air them down? i have a 1997 beaver monterey magnum chassis. Cat engine 300hp thanks
13 REPLIES 13

Cottontop
Explorer
Explorer
Let time air up, Mine are aired up when the alarm goes off. You should not drive your rig until it is completed airing up.
1998 Beaver Patriot (Magnum)
FMCA- Good Sam - CAT (3126)
PT Cruiser AUTO with Remco 4down

desertratt1
Explorer
Explorer
Thank everyone for your replies. So to air up the bags start the engine let them air up than retract the levelers good to go?

Thanks

Cottontop
Explorer
Explorer
I was a member of the BAC club but can't travel much any more due to wife disability. Dump switch just to the left of steering wheel on dash.
Patriot, I have had mine since 2005
I have mine at home I have a RV port.
If you don't belong to BAC they are a good group of people I have meet at Quitsite several times.

desertratt1
Explorer
Explorer
Cottontop..first thanks for your reply. second where is you dump switch for the airbags? what model beaver coach do you have? I see you have same engine i have as well. i hav my coach stored in the mtns at this time and will be going up soon why i am trying to get a handle on this airbag situation. do you belong to the BAC club? thanks

janstey58
Explorer
Explorer
I have a dump air/Auto switch on mine, and it will only air up upon start if in Auto. Dump is used for parking the rig if you wish to drop the air from the system.
Jeff and Kim
2015 Fleetwood Discovery 40E
Freightliner Chassis 380HP DP
2012 Ford Escape Limited Toad

Cottontop
Explorer
Explorer
Dump your air bags switch off.

Then Jacks down and level switch on, engine not running.
owner 1998 Beaver

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
desertratt1 wrote:
Hi new to air ride suspension. Do the bags air up on start up or do i have to make that happen. when storing rig after jacks are set do i air them down? i have a 1997 beaver monterey magnum chassis. Cat engine 300hp thanks

You should probably dump the air before extending the jacks down. Can't get ours to work with the switch, but they do so automatically, as soon as the auto down button is depressed.
As for airing back up, this is an auto function on ours as well and with the pump running off the engine. You should be able to observe this on your air pressure gauges, as well.
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

desertratt1
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for your replies. So the airbags air up upon starting the engine than you retract the levelors. When you store the coach does it hurt to have air in the bags or should it be stored with the bags deflated? What is the reasoning on this? My coach has 3 leveling jacks two in the back one in the front. Thank you for your replies.

rick

Two_Jayhawks
Explorer
Explorer
On mine I must depress the jack retract button even if the jacks are not deployed.
Bill & Kelli
2015 DSDP 4366 pulling a 21 JL Unlimited Sport
2002 Safari Zanzibar 3906 gone
1995 Fleetwood Bounder 36JD gone

11178adm
Explorer
Explorer
with the jacks up and the air tanks empty the air bags will start airing up at about 90 psi, there is a check valve in the system that shuts the air to the bags off when the tank pressure drops below 90 psi in the event of a bag rupture. When the system is aired up and you turn on the leveling system on the air bags will deflate until the jacks are raised back up, then they will reinflate automatically.

Acampingwewillg
Explorer II
Explorer II
Various options can come into play. On My MH, I have kick down jacks so I always air down after kicking the jacks down due to ground clearance. And as previously stated, everything airs up at start up. If your having issues with the air up, check/change air dryer, makes a big difference and an item that sometimes gets neglected.
96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Yes.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

ricklord2001
Explorer
Explorer
Not familiar with your RV but on both that I have owned they aired up when you started the engine, automatically.