cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Door locks will not unlock

dave_330
Explorer
Explorer
2009 Monaco Knight, The top and bottom locks will not open from the out side handle. The adjustment rod has to mush slop in it and will not tighten. The locks work fine from the inside any thoughts
2 REPLIES 2

johnsonbert
Explorer
Explorer
The outside handle is probably worn, mine is in the same condition and I will have to replace it when I get home. I replaced the intermediate assembly last summer and could tell that the outside was not far behind. I would guess the top or bottom pivot on the pull handle is worn and that makes it so the tab inside doesn't push the rod up far enough to release the catches. You might check NWRVsupply.com to see if they have one. Hope this may help. Happy Trails Bert
2006 Monaco Dynasty Diamond IV 42' Tag, ISL 400,(new to us), Residential Refrig, 10KW Onan, Bosch Washer/220V Dryer (previously 2003 American Tradition 40W) 2010 Chev Malibu LT

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Buy new locks.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad