cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Double Passenger Seat

cjd10
Explorer
Explorer
My first class A was a 28' 1978 Georgie Boy Cruise Aire. It had a double passenger seat of front. Thinking back it was really pretty neat as it allowed two people to ride up front with the driver.
Was just wondering if that was a thing of the past or if any manufacturer still had that feature available?
Clyde and Elaine
2014 Georgetown 351DS by Forest River
2 Boston Terriers 1 French Bulldog
Rest in Peace Toby
5 REPLIES 5

Dale_Traveling
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think what may have killed the idea was having the front seat spin to make extra seating facing the living area and the room needed to remove the dog house with a front engine rig. Plus class A's kind of grew away from family friend lay outs but that seems to be changing. Maybe the double seats will make a come back with the lower cost pushers with the front over head bunk and mid entry door.
2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
Yes...they're still around. Every once and awhile I'll see a high end DP with the double wide passenger seat. They're really roomy for one or good for two thin people.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

PastorCharlie
Explorer
Explorer
We owned a former MH with a front facing couch that seated 3. with belts.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
I have not seen any newer RV's with the double passenger seat.

I did see one in an older Class A, probably the same as what you owned.

Definitely, it was a neat idea. There's probably no demand for the double seat. If there were, I'm sure they would be common or available.

Maybe it's because most Class A units are designed for two people?

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
The Safari Simba toy hauler could be ordered with four captains chairs up front. It also could have two queen size beds in the rear as well as a single queen size bed in the front.