cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

double tanks,black and grey

ggrotz
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2005 samba rv with two toilets and two black tanks and two grey tanks.is this normal
6 REPLIES 6

BigMac
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Satellite wrote:
Yes it is with a bath and 1/2 setup. You likely have 4 dump valves as well but only 2 outlet ports. You can make the dump routine a bit easier by adding a "Y" connection in your hoses so only 1 line has to run to the dump station.

I had a bath and 1/2 on my 2004 Georgetown with 2-black/2-grey, 4-handles and 2-outlets. Also 2-black tank flush connections. I actually found it was simpler and more efficient to use a single outlet connection at a time as invariably the distance from the dump connection to one of my outlets would require more than a single length of sewer hose. I didn't feel like carrying 3-lengths of sewer hose. And if you are only staying at locations for 3 to 4 nights per, there's no labor savings with the Y set-up. For longer stays, or snowbirding down South, that's different.

Mike and Cindy

FMCA / Good Sam Member
2016 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 34 PA
2010 Pontiac G6

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Yes, it is normal, but not common. The FLOORPLAN of the RV determines why they install extra tanks. Doug

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
There are many RVs with a bath & a 1/2 that only have two waste tanks and pump the waste from the second commode to the black tank. Read a lot about pump failures. You have the best set up.

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
For large RVs isn't not uncommon. The space between the floor and the frame is too short to run the pipe from the toilet/shower to a single tank and get a decent slope so it flows well.

Toilets in particular typically go straight down to the tank (or close to straight). This is to make sure the solids don't get hung up in the pipes.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

ArchHoagland
Explorer
Explorer
Yes.

I have 4 tanks that all connect to one sewer hose connection. I have 4 pull handles.
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD
Workhorse W22 8.1 Gas Allison 1000, 7.1 mpg

2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
US Gear Brakes

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yes it is with a bath and 1/2 setup. You likely have 4 dump valves as well but only 2 outlet ports. You can make the dump routine a bit easier by adding a "Y" connection in your hoses so only 1 line has to run to the dump station.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?