cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emergency Flashers 2003 Workhorse Chassis Allegro 35DA

Wascopete56
Explorer
Explorer
On my last trip I noticed the emergency flashers did not work. I checked all the fuses under the dash. All were fine. ( I cant find a legend on the fuses so I had to test every one). I swapped the two flashers, signal and emergency, They both worked on the signal circuit but neither worked on the emergency circuit. I noticed that the signal lights will not work if the emergency flasher button is engaged I guess that is normal.

Don't know if this is related, normally the backup camera comes on when the MH is in reverse. While driving the last time, the camera would come on when the lights were on and the brake was engaged. I think somehow the power is feeding back through the brake lights. It also happens when the lights are one and i signal but it camera flashes off and on with the flashers. This does not happen if the lights are off.

Any help finding the problem or finding a wiring diagram for this MH would be appreciated.
5 REPLIES 5

Wascopete56
Explorer
Explorer
The lights and the camera all seem to be ground issues. I will check the bulbs. I will check for the fuse box under the "hood" tomorrow. There are two (or one and a half) fuse boxes under the dash. one is grey and mounted on the firewall, the other is smaller and black. just hanging under the dash, not mounted to anything.

I'm in Heber.

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Don't assume it's a fuse either. One of the lamps could be corroded and causing your issue. Remove the lenses and check the bulbs....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

IB853347201
Nomad
Nomad
Had the same issue on my 2010 Workhorse Chassis Winnebago Suncruiser 37F. Was the 4 way flasher switch on the steering column. Check out this issue on the iRV2 Forum, it appears to be common on the Workhorse Chassis.
2010 Suncruiser

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
There are 2 1/2 FUSE boxes for the chassis systems

THE "Convinence Panel" under the dash has a a few circuits
The main chassis panel is likely under the hood. top dead center. You will see a plain black box NO legend. there are push to release clips on either side
THe box is a rectangle with a slight extenstion on the bottom

This is the MAIN fuse box

The half is optional and it is the battery control center. on my rig a 2nd black box to the right of the first. But it says "Battery control center" on the cover This is a mix of house and chassis systems. I seriously doubt that's your target though

Mine was in the MAIN box. (Top dead center)
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

ArchHoagland
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like a bad ground.

That is the answer you are going to get from a lot of people, however nobody ever says which ground wire and where it is located. Including me.

Good luck my friend, your going to need it.

I know a really good RV repair place in Salt Lake, Where are you located in Utah?

RV Repair
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD
Workhorse W22 8.1 Gas Allison 1000, 7.1 mpg

2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
US Gear Brakes