cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EMS testing and work around

RonWSl
Explorer
Explorer
I think I have a bad EMS board on my 2004 HR Vacationer. Nothing in the coach works on shore power or the generator. I was working inside the coach while plugged into 50 amp power and everything just went off - both of the AC's, the ceiling lights, the hot water will not turn on, etc. The breaker panel shows 120 volts coming into the panel on both shore and generator. The EMS is an Intellitec model 760 and the sticker on it says it's the upgraded version. I then tried to find a replacement board online and every vendor I looked at said the boards were out of stock and/or on back order, except on on ebay who is charging twice what everyone else is, although he apparently has them in stock (the old demand and supply at work). Does anyone know if a different board model would work? It has also been suggested that the board could be bypassed, and I am curious if anyone can explain how to do a work-around or bypass the board??? Thanks.
7 REPLIES 7

RonWSl
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, willl try the suggestions this evening after work.

Ron S

fairway2002
Explorer
Explorer
Try unplugging the AMP loop (plastic loop wires run into) from board side. Mine was bad and thought it was running high AMP's. Unplug and it thinks it is 0 amp's

Good Luck

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Doug is correct. However, before removing panels etc. do the simple stuff first. My first guess is the salesman switch by the front door. Do that first. My second guess would be the reset ON the box itself. It will look like a small 1/4" button. It's easy to miss. Look closely. If neither of those work, follow Doug's suggestions....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

PastorCharlie
Explorer
Explorer
Mine has a 12V auto type fuse in the EMS panel. Check for 12V problem at EMS, Disconnect switch, and battery connections.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
The Intellitec EMS will NOT cause loss of all 120 power, It only controls the 120 appliances listed on the remote panel. It also will NOT cause LOSS of the ceiling lights as they are 12 volt. IF you have a loss of 12 volts in the RV the EMS panel will NOT Power up and will not power the shed controlled appliances. It takes 12 volts to power the Intellitec board. You have a 12 volt problem and you need to find the cause of that. The work around for the ENS is, you have to go to the Main 120 breaker panel and remove the cover to expose the breakers and the EMS control board. You will see 4 to 5 relays. You will see Black wires going to various connections for those relays. You take each relay connection and jump the 2 wires together for each relay. That bypasses the relay and routes 120 power to the shed appliance. Doug

2chiefsRus
Explorer
Explorer
See More Information Here - This link is the first post.

Have you checked that every connection in the breaker panel is tight? We had a similar problem and never did exactly pin down what the problem was but after tightening all the connections and then plugging back in again, everything worked correctly. Don't become too focused on it being a bad board until you have checked things out a little further.
Dave & Kathy
2007 Monaco Knight 40PDQ towing 2018 Ford F-150 & 2017 Harley Trike
Fulltime 2007 to 2016, now halftimers
Before you give someone a piece of your mind, make sure you can get by with what will be left.
Our Blog
National Parks Visited

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
To me it sounds like the "salesman's switch" was tripped or that relay failed, which shuts off your 12 volts inside the coach. This will mean no lights, no AC, no hot water, etc. Try the switch next to your door and see if you can get everything to come back on.