cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

F53 air filter removal & chassis manual

two_travelers
Explorer
Explorer
Our new to us 2015 Winnebago Vista is likely in need of a new air filter. Previous owner did not leave the chassis manual so I have no idea how the cover comes off to access the air filter. Undid the 3 clip latches in front and loosened up the clamp around the out put, but have had no luck removing the cover. Any suggestions on how best to do this? What is the part number of the air filter?

Ford wants $80 for the chassis manual and the Ford site does not have a manual for this chassis. Where can I get one or at least info on oil filter PN's and where is the gas filter and it's PN?
9 REPLIES 9

two_travelers
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to all who took the time to reply. The information was very useful.

Dale_Traveling
Explorer II
Explorer II
The air filter cover is a real pain to get off. As you did unclip the three latches, loosen the air hose and give it a firm whack. A dead blow hammer works well.

Filters (air and oil) are commonly available just about anywhere. The air filter is specific for the F53 chassis but the oil isn't so you can cross reference any Ford product that had the engine. As mentioned no external fuel filter for your model.

Concerning a chassis manual the quoted $80 is probably for the service manual. If you're looking for an Owner's Manual those are free in electronic (PDF) format from Ford. You'll need to verify the chassis model year. Depending on when the house was built you could actually be rolling down the road on a 2014 chassis.

Ford
2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53

jhlady
Explorer
Explorer
After you unlatch the latches and loosen the hose, lift up slightly, push to the back to release the three tabs on the back and then it should raise up the remaining amount so you can slide out the filter. Take your time and don't force anything so you don't break off the tabs etc.

Hope this helps.

Hikerdogs
Explorer
Explorer
There is no replaceable gas filter. Since at least 2013 the filter is an integral part of the fuel pump/sending unit in the tank. It should be a "lifetime" filter.

As for the other parts they are identified by the Ford numbers in the maintenance section of the chassis manual you should have gotten as part of the "owners briefcase". If you didn't get it they are available online at:

http://www.fleet.ford.com/partsandservice/owner-manuals/

If you need the complete chassis service manual they come up regularly on e bay in the CD version. There are a couple out there now, but the asking price is nearly $300.00. They usually go for between $25.00 and $50.00.

If you decide to go this route be sure to ask the seller if the version for sale includes the F53 chassis. There are many versions available. Some only have the light trucks for the dealers that primarily sell cars. Others have the complete line of trucks for the HD truck garages.
Hikerdogs
2013 Winnebago Adventurer

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
Any reputable auto parts store can give filter numbers(maybe not gas) but location can vary from make to make. Some are in factory locations, others in locations chosen by the RV maker.

On many rigs, the rv's grill is proprietary and can make removing the filter a real pain.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
Any reputable auto parts store can give filter numbers(maybe not gas) but location can vary from make to make. Some are in factory locations, others in locations chosen by the RV maker.

On many rigs, the rv's grill is proprietary and can make removing the filter a real pain.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

Captain_Happy
Explorer
Explorer
The trick is to loosen the big hose clamp. And yes it's still a pain in the butt.

WyoTraveler
Explorer
Explorer
Carefully pry up the lid and it will open. Loosen clamp on large hose. First time off a little difficult.

RedRollingRoadb
Explorer
Explorer