cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fan Not Operating

jamsvet
Explorer
Explorer
I've got a 95 Fleetwood Flair 22 on a Chevrolet P30 Chassis. My heater/AC fan doesn't work on any speed. I have the shop manual for the P30 and it says it is controlled by a 25 amp fuse in the main fuse block. There is a space for it (labeled "heater") but nothing there.

Any suggestions?
4 REPLIES 4

jamsvet
Explorer
Explorer
The fan was working but quit just as we were returning from our last trip. The fuse was never there so I'm trying to find out where they moved it to. Gotta be somewhere. No fan, no AC.

Mike_and_Trish
Explorer
Explorer
I second the suggestion to put a 25-amp fuse in the slot, and see if it makes a difference. It can't hurt anything.

Also, though, try to get to the fan housing (it should be relatively easy to access under the hood), and see if you can free up the motor. I had a similar issue on a past coach (F53 chassis). I removed the fan/motor assembly from the housing, and it ran fine at all speeds. When installed, though, I found that the fan was slightly off-center, and was binding in its housing. I added a couple of washers on one side when replacing it to straighten it in the housing, and never had another problem. I doubt that will be your situation, but once you get that far, it's easy to replace the fan motor.
Mike and Trish
2014 Thor Tuscany 40RX
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee on Blue Ox Aventa LX
Yorkiepoos - Janis and Jimi

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Very Few OEM's use the Chevy fuse block fuses for the Dash AC system. The add-on fuse block assbly from Fleetwood will be the place to start. Doug

donhoward49
Explorer
Explorer
My fist response would be to put a fuse in that slot.. But, where did the original fuse go? Is this rig new to you? was the fan working before? On mine the fan quit, I checked for power at the fan motor and had power. I checked continuity through the fan and had nothing.. A New fan motor was needed.