Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

few places to start RVing Panhandle,FL

thebrain
Explorer
Explorer
A few places to start RVing Panhandle,FL- Ft.Morgan, AL
Objective find a decently priced RV place w/ at minium boat ramp/ and allow the trailer on porperpty, prefer a marina.
I live in centrel Alabama and mainly go boating in the Gulf. I camp on vessel itโ€™s basicely a enclosed express cabin cruiser.

The deep sea fishing regulations have gone crazy however I still love catching a giant fish.
Iโ€™d like a State park type RV place. Apprehensive about length of intire rig 23โ€™RV+30โ€™vessel Iโ€™m sure the florida parks driving around area is seriously reduced for maneuvering 60โ€™ of stuff.
I believe Orange bch.AL has a RV place however thereโ€™s no gulf acces for this park.

Thereโ€™s a RV place heading toward Ft.Morgan stopping in there a few times ad the place is always full this place has a bayside ramp which makes it the only real place to park a RV, that I know of.

I believe panama city bch. FL has st.andrews state park not sure about gulf acess either.

After hurriacane opel so 20 years ago there hasnโ€™t been any gulf bayside hotels w/ marines.
Ft.Walton bch Okaloosa island has a RV place where the 2 old hotels where pior to opel
($120. per night.was sticker stock for parking a RV) On the bayside no marinea /slip.

the old buchaneer hotel doe'snt have a pier or ramp but is on the bayside https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34542-d80169-Reviews-Buccaneer_Beach_Motel-Panama_City_Florida.html
any home owners in the area willing to rent a spot in you're back yard yet me know.
3 REPLIES 3

thebrain
Explorer
Explorer
Charles in GA there hasn't been a mom pop type hotel on the bayside for over 22 years there not ever coming back that I know of.
there is a demand for marinas more so apartments w/ boat slips.
anyway I was forced out of necessity to buildup a pockect cruiser as a weekender, most of the time 95% I love it the 5% is getting used to nap time exspecially w/ that mouse crunching on chips.

having a landing on 4 day trips would probably extend each expedition.

AL is more rural than FL. these folks that have vacation home rentals should be willing to rent a spot off to the side for RV time to rub elbows w/ these folks.

up in Orchard Park NY where the Buffalo Bills play the home owners adjacent to stadium rent the front & back yard for parking this is a good source of revenue

so I advocate for a private RV spots what to you Guy's think

CharlesinGA
Explorer
Explorer
The gulf Coast from Houston east to nearly Destin was heavily damaged and it will be a couple of years before the cleanup is done, let alone rebuilding. This will push many snowbirds further east or down state. Stay away from the damage and let those folks get it done.

Charles
'03 Ram 2500 CTD, 5.9HO six speed, PacBrake Exh Brake, std cab, long bed, Leer top and 2008 Bigfoot 25B21RB.. previously (both gone) 2008 Thor/Dutchman Freedom Spirit 180 & 2007 Winnebago View 23H Motorhome.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Finding nice RV spots this Winter along the Gulf will be tuff. Good luck.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad