cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Finding a carport

awesomeman
Explorer
Explorer
What are you guys using as a carport. Everything I see is that the doorway is too short. My RV is 11 feet tall overall. Can anyone make some recommendations on some reasonably priced carports. I really want to protect it from the elements when itโ€™s not in use
14 REPLIES 14

awesomeman
Explorer
Explorer
quick question. I may just do a cover in the meantime. Can you run the ac with a cover on?

DiskDoctr
Explorer
Explorer
For steel buildings, simply add a few courses of block and build on top. Why not do the same with carport?

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
Carports tend to be locally built, rather than nationally branded. There are many different styles, ranging from "just keep the sun off" to "shelter from a hurricane," the latter not particularly cheap. Check with local builders, who will likely know local building codes. Building codes will determine what kind of carport you can have.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

suprz
Explorer
Explorer
I would love to have one. But I'm sure the city would have something to say about that. Also i need one that could handle a snow load
Proud father of a US Marine

eHoefler
Explorer II
Explorer II
I had a Carolina carport 18'W x 60'L x 12'T installed for $4200.
2021 Ram Limited, 3500, Crew Cab, 1075FTPD of Torque!, Max Tow, Long bed, 4 x 4, Dually,
2006 40' Landmark Mt. Rushmore

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
Halmfamily wrote:
Talk your several dealers. We are looking to have one built that will be 20'x50'x15' and will run around $4000.

That's a good price, here in Vegas we would pay double for that, I know I was quoted $7000 to $8000 for one 18 foot wide by 38 foot long and 14 foot tall so I built my own for under $3000

Stim
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a 24' X 31' carport from business in Keystone Heights Fl. for $2995. installed a year and a half ago.
They can make it any height you want.

pauldub
Explorer
Explorer
Take a look at creativeshelters.com

Mich_F
Explorer
Explorer
Depending on where you live, your town/city might have restrictions on what you can put up.
2014 Itasca Spirit 31K Class C
2016 Mazda CX5 on Acme tow dolly- 4 trips ~ 5,800 mi
Now 2017 RWD F150 with a drive shaft disconnect

awesomeman
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah Iโ€™m just trying not to spend $5k on some. Shelter logic has a 40 footer for $2500 shipped and itโ€™s cloth though

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
Talk your several dealers. We are looking to have one built that will be 20'x50'x15' and will run around $4000.
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian

awesomeman
Explorer
Explorer
Oh thereโ€™s a ton. Just looking for cost effective recommendations

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
There are several that sell on-line. You size them anyway you wan't.

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Go talk to a local dealer. They can build them whatever size you need. Even with siding all the way down on both sides.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.