cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fleetwood Storm quality

KAYPAY
Explorer
Explorer
Greeting, We are looking to move from our class B to a Fleetwood Storm. We reallly like the floor plan of the Storm 32V , presently looking at a 2016 model. Does anyone on this forum have one or know anything about the quality of Fleetwood in the past few years.
Diane and Keith
2004 Roadtrek P190
12 REPLIES 12

fred42
Explorer
Explorer
Here are some specs:

https://www.rvguide.com/specs/fleetwood/class-a/2016/storm/32v.html
2007 Tiffin Allegro 28DA

Chum_lee
Explorer
Explorer
KAYPAY wrote:
Greeting, We are looking to move from our class B to a Fleetwood Storm. We reallly like the floor plan of the Storm 32V , presently looking at a 2016 model. Does anyone on this forum have one or know anything about the quality of Fleetwood in the past few years.

IMO, quality, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. I own a '99 Fleetwood Storm 30H. At 21 years of age, I can tell you that everything eventually wears out and needs replacement and/or attention of some kind. Some items sooner than others. Looking at the newer models, Fleetwood appears to have changed (upgraded) some surface finishes, but, the Storm line still uses economy grade cabinets, fixtures, floor coverings, etc. that all eventually wear out with use. As that happens, be prepared to repair/replace them with upgraded amenities. (if you prefer) I don't know if Fleetwood still offers a choice of Workhorse or Ford chassis. The two chassis vary in their specifications, specifically, gross weight and towing capacity. While you have a choice, make sure you consider the most appropriate chassis for your specific intended use.

As others have mentioned, generally your current Class B will have a higher grade of fit and finish than most Class A gassers, but, they can't compete with the GVWR, storage, and towing capacity of a Class A MH if that is important to you.

Chum lee

Ranger_Smith
Explorer
Explorer
Fleetwood does make a storm . . . Never heard of it before but I did a search for them and a lot of them came up. Guess I was wrong too
Where we are now

Amateur Radio Operator WW1SS . . . Flex 6500 PGXL and TGXL
Steve and Joy
2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q . . . 2016 Lincoln MKX
The Doodles, Abbie & Abel
Baby and Kissie the Chihuahuas and Lucy the Biewere Yorkie

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
Whoops, not sure what I was thinking, for some reason I though REV bought FR, but I guess I was wrong.

rest of the post still applicable.
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

craig7h
Nomad
Nomad
You really gotta love it when folks change the model you are asking about. The OP started asking about a Fleetwood Storm and through the great posting ability of folks it changed to a FR3. With that being said its fun to watch the postings.

Kaypay you may be better off finding a Fleetwood rv forum to ask. IRV2 also has a brand specific forum. Good Luck
Itasca Meridian SE 36g
Road Master Tow Dolly

Ranger_Smith
Explorer
Explorer
FloridaRosebud wrote:
Ranger Smith wrote:
way2roll wrote:
Ranger Smith wrote:
It is their entry model and in my opinion . . . JUNK . . . Don't waste your money.

Actually the FR3 is their entry level model, but yes it's on their lower end. The rest of your comment isn't really helpful, especially coming from a DP owner.

To the OP, you just need to have realistic expectations. Class B's usually have better quality than most gas class A's. But cost per square foot is also considerably more. In short, Class A's - as most things - you get what you pay for. If you want to spend less on a lower end model just have realistic expectations about what you are getting for your dollar. Most people on here are into brand bashing but at the level you are talking, one manufacturer is as good as another in that space. Hence your findings on complaints are pretty consistent across all brands. "Quality' is hard to come by in the RV world to begin with, let alone at the gasser, lower end scale.

It does not matter if my comment was helpful or not. It was my opinion and I was expressing it.

The FR3 is a Forest river, not a Fleetwood. Unless I'm missing something....

Al

I know . . . I didn't want to embarrass him with his mis-information
Where we are now

Steve and Joy

RayChez
Explorer
Explorer
The Storm is an entry level motor home, but you probably will not pay much for it and maybe that is what you want. Your choice, nobody elses. If your happy that is all that matters. But I will say that on motor homes you can get a lemon on any brand. I have seen expensive coaches that are a piece of trash, and at the same time I have seen entry level that have served their owners well. Quality Control is just not in the motor home industry as far as I am concerned. But it is a shame that as much money as these coaches cost that they would be manufactured better.

But I think the Ranger was a little harsh on his comment. I had not participated in this forum in a long time, because at one time if you did not own a Newmar all other coaches were junk. And there used to be big arguments between the Tiffin owners and the Newmar owners. I did not like that arguing back and forth. To me it was childish.
2002 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser
330 HP Caterpillar 3126-E
3000 Allison Transmission
Neway Freightliner chassis
2017 Buick Envision

FloridaRosebud
Explorer
Explorer
Ranger Smith wrote:
way2roll wrote:
Ranger Smith wrote:
It is their entry model and in my opinion . . . JUNK . . . Don't waste your money.

Actually the FR3 is their entry level model, but yes it's on their lower end. The rest of your comment isn't really helpful, especially coming from a DP owner.

To the OP, you just need to have realistic expectations. Class B's usually have better quality than most gas class A's. But cost per square foot is also considerably more. In short, Class A's - as most things - you get what you pay for. If you want to spend less on a lower end model just have realistic expectations about what you are getting for your dollar. Most people on here are into brand bashing but at the level you are talking, one manufacturer is as good as another in that space. Hence your findings on complaints are pretty consistent across all brands. "Quality' is hard to come by in the RV world to begin with, let alone at the gasser, lower end scale.

It does not matter if my comment was helpful or not. It was my opinion and I was expressing it.

The FR3 is a Forest river, not a Fleetwood. Unless I'm missing something....

Al

Branson_N_Tucso
Explorer II
Explorer II
Don't waste your money on a Fleetwood storm. I would look at a Winabago.

Ranger_Smith
Explorer
Explorer
way2roll wrote:
Ranger Smith wrote:

Where we are now

Steve and Joy

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
Ranger Smith wrote:

2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

Ranger_Smith
Explorer
Explorer
Where we are now

Steve and Joy