cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

fleetwood terra 29vs front drivers seat

thompson60
Explorer
Explorer
On a ford chassis, Has anyone got this seat to turn completely around.Or it designed not to

Fleetwood did not know
12 REPLIES 12

Goldencrazy
Explorer
Explorer
You forgot one thing in the instructions and that is to raise and lower the steering wheel to gain those last two inches. Raised is the greatest distance.

thompson60
Explorer
Explorer
Southwind 98: I order the seat slide and did the mod today, It works great. Thanks for the info

Fiesta
Explorer
Explorer
There is a center pivoting bolt under the seat. Loosen it some and use heavy oil to lubricate the ball bearings. Loosening bolt too much will cause a wobble.

iquilt888
Explorer
Explorer
I too have a Fleetwood Terra. My passenger seat is extremely hard to make turn. It seems that it needs some sort of lubrication? However, not sure where or what to lubricate. Any ideas?

thompson60
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, the boat seat slider I found is in the top picture. It maybe a new model compared to yours.

Southwind98
Explorer
Explorer
Thompsons60 wrote:
Southwind 98, Have some more questions how it all stacked up.
Pedistal, original slide, boat side with large plate down, metal plate, seat? Thanks

The stacking order is: pedestal, boat slide seat extender, metal plate, and original extender (which remains attach to seat) The boat slide extender bolts to the pedestal with the metal plate making a transition to the original extender easier and keeps it properly functioning. I will give a disclaimer that may bother some, but it works for us, there is a small wobble in the seat from the boat slide extender ( it has a small amount of play side to side in the mechanism) and it does raise the seat a inch and a half.

I read my original description in my first post and saw where I made it confusing by stating about attaching the plate to the seat . I went back and corrected it.
Will & Michelle
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38P
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
1990 Jeep Wrangler

thompson60
Explorer
Explorer
Southwind 98, Have some more questions how it all stacked up.
Pedistal, original slide, boat side with large plate down, metal plate, seat? Thanks

Southwind98
Explorer
Explorer
Thompsons60, thanks. We went to an RV show and I think it was a Forest river RV that had a table installed between the seats. We thought what a great idea, so I purchased two of the table leg cones from RV Parts Country and the 18 inch table leg. The wood round table top came from Lowes, which we stained to match the RV. Such a simple idea to turn that area into a functional space.
Will & Michelle
1990 Jeep Wrangler

thompson60
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for your info, Southwinds 98 liked your table idea.

Southwind98
Explorer
Explorer
My Bounder workhorse chassis front seat wouldn't clear the steering wheel, even when I did the procedure that everyone on the form suggested. Which was back of seat all the way forward, spin the seat, arm rest down, just before it contacts the steering wheel slide the seat forward. This is actually sliding the seat into the living area, once it clears and is spun around. The seat needed a few more inches to clear the oversize steering wheel. My wife wanted the seat to spin around, so I purchased this extension SWIVL-EZE 15000 ALUMINUM CHAIR SEAT SLIDE 3988
from eBay and attached it to the pedestal. I attached a 12 by 12 steel plate to the base of the original extenders, which remained bolted to the seat.The seat / slide/metal plate attaches to the boat slide. This added 1 & 3/8 inches to the height, but gave me six inches of being able to slide the seat forward on the spin. The slide is the one pictured on the center of the page with the handle on the bottom. My original slide extension operates, this just gives you a secondary slide extension
Here is the end results
Will & Michelle
1990 Jeep Wrangler

FC
Explorer
Explorer
We can only turn the drivers seat 90 degrees but at least it is usable then. Passenger seat easy to turn around. The steering wheel is the problem with the driver's seat.
JM2CW
2003 Georgetown 346DS Ford F-53
2008 Pontiac G6 Toad, Blue Ox Aventa LX
Vice President Operations Family Campers & RVers
www.fcrv.org

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
If it is has power to it then the cable might be short.