Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forest River Solera advice

Free_Roamer
Explorer
Explorer
Hi All:

Considering the Solera 24R and comparing it to the Winnebago's.

Solera appears to be a nicer unit with more options as 'standard'.

Any Solera owners out there that can relay their experience to me and rate their satisfaction with Forest River products would be greatly appreciated.

Rob
6 REPLIES 6

RvBill3
Explorer
Explorer
Check forestriverforums.com for lots of information on the Solera.

As for the windows, you will find on that forum that the rattling problem has been fixed.
2012 Forest River Sunseeker 2300 Chevy

chevyman2
Explorer
Explorer
the biggest complaints/returns we get on the Solera is the "frameless" windows. They rattle, clatter, thunk, & clunk. Especially the one at the dinette. The rear slide tends to lose the rubber guides on the tracks also.

Other than that, we dont get too many problems with the Solera (or Forest River products in general).

As far as Winnebago, well we havent serviced a single Trend or View "YET" ! However, we just became a Winnebago dealer, so Im sure we will service several as time goes on.
Tim-DW(Kathy)
12 Chevy Sonic DD, 03 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE, 2001 Jayco KIWI
If a "nightmare" is considered a dream-then I am living the dream

badbob1
Explorer
Explorer
We purchased a new 2014 Solera 24R just a few months ago. So far we are happy with the quality of our unit. Have had a few problems as on seems to have with most new units. Nothing major and everything taken care of by thje dealer. We looked at the Winnebago also and had narrowed our chice between the two models. We went with Forest River as price was better and just could not see that much difference in the quality. Have always owned higher end 5th wheels and so was concerned about quality. Happy with our choice so far and believe both companies build a good quality unit and you should be happy with either. Plan on doing more traveling with the money the Solera saved me.
Good Luck
BadBob

RckyMtnVia
Explorer
Explorer
We looked at lots of Sprinter type rv brands before ending up with our Winnebago Via. Like Dakzuki says, look in places you don't normally look and you may find some interesting things: screws, loose wires etc. We did like the Forest River Solera, and there is a great discussion board on the FR Forum. If you decide on the Solera, look at RV Direct for prices that are 30 to 40% below MSRP. We had a few minor problems with the Winnebago, but they were fixed under warranty by the local dealer.
2022 Forester MBS 2401B

powderman426
Explorer
Explorer
PM sent
Ron & Charlotte
WD8CBT since 1976
32' Gulfstream Ameri-Camp & 05 Ram QC LB

I started with nothing and I still have most of it left

I never fail, I just succeed in finding out what doesn't work

Dakzuki
Explorer
Explorer
Be sure to look in the places that you don't normally look....inside cabinets and under the seats/bed. Look at the wiring, and plumbing and compare both brands build quality. Also compare the OCCC ratings of the different products.
2011 Itasca Navion 24J
2000 Chev Tracker Toad