cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freight liner power steering hose recall

KatAire
Explorer
Explorer
Hello! I’m new to this forum. I wanted to bring up a safety issue we had over our trip this summer. While traveling in Wyoming in our 37’ Class A the power steering went out. To make a long story short, we had so much go right for something that went so wrong.
#1- went out as we pulled in for the night, #2- Wyoming Diesel and repair happened to be in the small town we broke down in. #3- They responsed on a Sunday to my email for help.#4- Despite their busy schedule they got us in and out the next day!!! Kudos to their staff. As you can imagine this was not a cheap repair and as I researched the problem I found that Freightliner had issued a recall for the exact problem we had. Only problem being the recall wasn’t on our brand of RV. I twice tried to get Freightliner to respond to me online, no response. I then sent them a certified return receipt letter, still no response! I then posted to their face book page and that got their attention. BUT after they asked me to private message them, and I sent them pictures and all pertinent info they are ghosting me!! This is a serious issue- the power steering line was angled wrong and had constant friction with the metal frame, so therefor it caused a leak. They issued the recall for that issue on Newmar Dutch Star but won’t do anything on our Fleetwood or let others know that there is an issue?
If you have a Freightliner chassis check your front end, make sure your power steering line is not rubbing on the metal frame. Hopefully I can shame Freightliner into doing the right thing.
Happy and safe travels everyone!
0 REPLIES 0