cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freightliner/Fltwd 2003 Revolution. Looking for a fuse.

John___Angela
Explorer
Explorer
Hi folks. We lost 12 volts to the chassis stud in the left front corner cabinet under the driving position. Somewhere between that stud and the batteries is a main line fuse. This happened when we turned on the headlights. I believe the headlight switch is faulty and there was a dead short to ground. Chassis side went dead and of course the cummins quit as none of the automotive relays could energize. It was a bad situation and in bad weather so we just pulled the headlight fuse and Angela built a temporary fused jumper that we connected to the aux/coach stud about 16 inches away and got ourselves up and running. Ran that way for 800 miles until we got home and just didn’t have any headlights. Now we need to find the fuse. I suspect by the size of the cable it will be 50 to 100 amps. It is not visible underneath the coach or at the back but honestly it was not ideal conditions to find it and we trying to avoid a tow. Angela thinks there might be room in the main kill switch housing but can’t see Fleetwood sticking it in there. Any ideas.

Thanks in advance.

2003 Revolution. 40C
2003 Revolution 40C Class A. Electric smart car as a Toad on a smart car trailer
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away.
12 REPLIES 12

John___Angela
Explorer
Explorer
ipeltier wrote:
"Angela built a temporary fused jumper that we connected to the aux/coach stud"

My husband wants to know if Wonder Woman can cook as well.

Still hasn't warmed up enough for me to crawl under it to try and follow the line back to the rear of the coach but thought I would get a shot of the front cabinet layout. You can see Angelas jumper going from the chassis 12 volt lug (which was dead) to the coach/aux 12 volt lug (via the fuse). This got us home. The cable comes in behind chassis lug. It goes into a bundle and heads to the back of the coach. When we come back from europe it will be warmer and dryer (i hope) and we'll see if we can find the break or fuse. Any ideas would be helpful. Its hard to see the chassis lug behind the bundle.

Oh and yah, Angela is also handy with a tire Jack and a torque wrench. Kinda handy in a bar fight too. Percs of marrying a soldier. 🙂

2003 Revolution 40C Class A. Electric smart car as a Toad on a smart car trailer
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

John___Angela
Explorer
Explorer

John___Angela
Explorer
Explorer

John___Angela
Explorer
Explorer
ipeltier wrote:

A great cook. And she puts up with me so also a very patient and wise woman. 🙂

John___Angela
Explorer
Explorer
mdprince wrote:
ro_sie wrote:
John, we have a 2007 Fleetwood Rev. Would you please ask Angela, how to turn on the lighted outside door handle? We have seen it on, don't know how we turned it on, nor do we know how we turned it off. Your Angela sounds like a whiz. Make sure you give her anything she wants, its worth it. 🙂

The handle "should" turn on and off with the porch light switch. If not, either the bulb burned out or the wiring is suspect.

I concur. Our light burns out fairly often though. Just a heads up. (Replaced it three or four times in 15 years).

mdprince
Explorer
Explorer
ro_sie wrote:
John, we have a 2007 Fleetwood Rev. Would you please ask Angela, how to turn on the lighted outside door handle? We have seen it on, don't know how we turned it on, nor do we know how we turned it off. Your Angela sounds like a whiz. Make sure you give her anything she wants, its worth it. 🙂

The handle "should" turn on and off with the porch light switch. If not, either the bulb burned out or the wiring is suspect.
2006 Revolution LE 40E
2004 Jeep Rubicon Toad/Brake Buddy or
20' Toy Trailer/Quads 'n Dirt Bikes

John___Angela
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for all the reply’s. I’ll reply with a little more detail on how it’s going tomorrow night.

John.

fcooper
Explorer
Explorer
If I remember correctly, Freightliner has one or two very large fuses (like 130 amp)somewhere along the chassis.

Call the Freightliner help desk (1 800 ftl help) and have the last 6 digits of your vin number handy. They should be able to give you some information on fuse locations.

Fred
Fred & Vicki
St. Augustine, Florida

fourmat
Explorer
Explorer
Fleetwood tech
2009 Challenger

MrWizard
Try under the dash left of the drivers seat, up against the forward bulk head, black plastic cover over them
Iirc
This is where Freightliner mounts the fuse box for some things that are engine and chassis functions
I'm thinking 40 amp blade fuse, not the micro fuses, not the giant blade fuses
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

ro_sie
Explorer
Explorer
ro_sie
Art ( my roomie)
Fleetwood Revolution LE

ipeltier
Explorer
Explorer