cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frequently Asked Questions about Class C's

HiTech
Explorer
Explorer
This is the Class C Frequently Asked Questions list. It is the place where we save links to threads with questions that get asked over and over and their answers. Check here before posting if you are new to the Class C forum and are not familiar with our items from the last few months.

Some of the first questions new posters have often ask just WHAT can be posted here. Check out the rules and guidelines for what and how to post on RV.Net and the Class C Forum.

Winter Issues
Winterizing
85 REPLIES 85

LandYacht2007
Explorer
Explorer
Go to Winniebagoind.com and pull from web site for free. Good Luck

jorn
Explorer
Explorer
Ops, please close this topic. Folks are posting questions here that are better served by being forum posts and not chatter on the FAQ thread. Thanks! 😄
'16 Chaparral 360IBL & '16 Ram 2500 Cummins

gullbreezer
Explorer
Explorer
anyone know where I can get info on the wiring diagram of a Winnebago View? On our last trip we could not get the slide out to move. There was power to the switch and the switch delegated power to each of the only two wires leaving the switch but the connection under the Sprinter did not receive power. Barker was contacted and they said the problem might be the Manhattan streets we had just traveled so they sent me a new motor...which I have not installed because the old one is working again...in and out, every time, after failing to move out on two occassions. I had an Allegro 35 pusher for 7 yrs and it took me 4 yrs to find the incomplete wire connection that had been factory installed. I don't know where the wires go on this little RV. Any body out there know where I could find specific info on the route those wires take? Thanks, gullbreezer.
Winnebago View on Sprinter 3500 chassis. No toad. Now up to two Standard Poodles who sit in the front seats when we are parked...It's alright, they both have licences.

calirvdriver
Explorer
Explorer
hello everyone I am new to this forum. I am lookin to become a rv porter/driver and i dont know where to go so i figured i would start on here.
I would appreciate any help possible
i am 22 years old with a class c license
thank you

Puddin12
Explorer
Explorer
Even more scary would be to have a front tire blow.. We bought our motorhome in 1998--a 1992 Minnie Winnie, and the first trip out, had a blow-out on the right rear outside tire. That's when we got an education on tires aging out. The original tires were D range, and we put 6 new Michelin E range tire on. Replaced the front ones after four years, and the rear after 7. No problems, but front ones were cupping out, I think due to pulling horses putting weight on the back end, even with load levelers. Anyway, no further tire problems. We ALWAYS keep them properly inflated, even over the winter..and we take the motor home out and drive it about 20 miles every 6 weeks--and run the generator.

melmar
Explorer
Explorer
Never better than 12 or worse than 8. Speed and weight are killers. The RPM difference between 60 mph and 70 mph is very noticable.
2004 Minnie 31C
2007 Honda CR-V Toad
2005 Nissan 350Z Toy
2 Mini Schnauzers, Ernie and Misty

34hotrod
Explorer
Explorer
I am new to RVing. I just bought a 2004 Jayco Granit Ridge 31ft class C. It has the Ford V10 and 4 speed overdrive trans. What kind of mileage can I expect to get? Also there is no LP tank fuel gauge. Jayco said since I am not the first owner, there is nothing they could do. The dealer I bought it from is working on getting me one. Never heard of an LP tank not having a gauge. Anything I should about this unit? Thanks for your help inadvance.
Can you help me get in contact with Dutch4204. I would like to ask him what he thinks about his bus.

Thank you 34Hotrod

jefferylackey
Explorer
Explorer
i've just started a restoration of a dodge tioga class C rv. it has extensive water damage to the interior walls. the wife and i have started to remove the interrior... the walls and ceiling are going to have to be replaced. was hoping to get away with not doing the drivers side but toward the back you can feel the plywood starting to give way so i might as well do it right. some of the 2X2's in the wall need replacing as well. if anyone has any suggestions that might make this endevor any easier, any help will be greatly appreciated...i'm taking lots and lots of pictures of the ongoing process.

whiteknight001
Explorer II
Explorer II
HiTech wrote:
Class C First Trip

First night camping, in the driveway!

Also known as "drydocking" lol. Kudos to HiTech for this thread!!

Mark a.k.a. whiteknight001
1972 Mobile Traveler 20' Dodge B300 Class C
"The Kobayashi Maru" Trans- Prarie Land Craft
"Requiescat in pace et in amore..."

HiTech
Explorer
Explorer
Class C First Trip

First night camping, in the driveway!

Valpo_Camper
Explorer
Explorer