cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frequently Asked Questions about Class C's

HiTech
Explorer
Explorer
This is the Class C Frequently Asked Questions list. It is the place where we save links to threads with questions that get asked over and over and their answers. Check here before posting if you are new to the Class C forum and are not familiar with our items from the last few months.

Some of the first questions new posters have often ask just WHAT can be posted here. Check out the rules and guidelines for what and how to post on RV.Net and the Class C Forum.

Winter Issues
Winterizing
85 REPLIES 85

gullbreezer
Explorer
Explorer
starting off? ask lots of questions as you are doing. Since you want the frig to work off the propane while driving and off a plug-in when you are camping, test them both in the driveway and let the frig run long enough to chill the insides before loading and leaving. Enjoy.
Winnebago View on Sprinter 3500 chassis. No toad. Now up to two Standard Poodles who sit in the front seats when we are parked...It's alright, they both have licences.

jdmill01
Explorer
Explorer
What is the best way to start up my refrigerator the day before leaving on a trip? Should I use the battery or the propane? We are new at this and are having a difficule time learning all the rules.

wilmot1
Explorer
Explorer
I am starting to kick tires on used Class C motorhomes, from 2000 to 2008. Is there any one particular make or model I ahould be wary of? ---sort of like the "Bayliner" of motorhomes.

Doug_J_123
Explorer
Explorer
Can I tow a 3500lb car on a dolly with a 6L chevy class c m/h?

Ripsnort
Explorer
Explorer
nuru3 wrote:
Hi, I'm new here and not sure what my motorhome would be classified as. It's 1968 Chevy School Bus, that has been converted into a motorhome.

Class S.
:W

nuru3
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, I'm new here and not sure what my motorhome would be classified as. It's 1968 Chevy School Bus, that has been converted into a motorhome.

whiteknight001
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hey folks-

This is the other thread I posted- more along the lines of older Dodge
and here in the class C forum:

"How many of us are there? Owners of Dodge based RV's?"

At nearly 400 pages you're bound to find SOMETHING you are looking
for in the way of older Dodge based RV info.

Happy Hunting!!

Mark "whiteknight001"
1972 Mobile Traveler 20' Dodge B300 Class C
"The Kobayashi Maru" Trans- Prarie Land Craft
"Requiescat in pace et in amore..."

ste
Explorer
Explorer
I have recently bought a 1979 Dodge Tioga and requirehelp with the distributor.I have found the firing order ok but need to know more about the position sequence of the leads.I think its a 3.6 possibly,Any help gratefully received.................

Tiger4x4RV
Nomad
Nomad
Harrell,

Handbasket and I are two who own Tiger CX's. We really like them. If you want to find more info and other owners, check out the factory website, www.tigermotorhomes.com and the owners' group site, http://groups.msn.com/tigermotorhomeowners.

We cannot tell you if you should buy one. That decision is totally yours. The decision of what RV to buy, for anyone, depends upon that person's preferences and needs and finances.

BTW, you'd get more answers to your question if you started a thread for it. I just stumbled across your Q in the FAQ list when I searched for Tiger.

Good luck with your search for an RV.

Tiger4x4RV
2006 Tiger CX 4x4, 8.1 L gas V-8, Allison 6-speed

harrell
Explorer
Explorer
Does antone own Provan tiger cx,if so please advise if i should but one.

johnny_mac
Explorer
Explorer
What message?

Benntexas
Explorer
Explorer
how come none of the links in the above thread work? I get this message on any of them I clicked "http://www.rv.net/forums/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/15802954.cfm"

froglady72
Explorer
Explorer
HELP!!!!!!
Can not get propane gas into tank. I remember someone saying there is a button to push. But do not seem to see it. Ready to leave for Fl. tomorrow an need gas before we leave . We have a 1986 Tioga .

stemwad
Explorer
Explorer
Just to reply to the bug problem on the front of your motorhomes. Heres an easy solution. Before you head out into the bug world go to the store and buy a can of cheap spray oil like PAM and give a light spray coat on the front end. Bugs will not stick you can wipe them right off doesnt hurt the wax or finish problem solved.

gatorgreg2004
Explorer
Explorer
In response to "Buying and Selling Motorhomes
Class C vs. other RV Types", a great resource is the RV Comparisons Guide. It rates RV manufacturers and the different types of RVs.