cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

from 5er to class A gas

D___M_w_Tess___
Explorer
Explorer
We've watched from afar too long. Just had to join the class A gas enthusiasts. You all have so much info you have shared and helped us make the move. '15 Jayco Precept 31 UL w/50 amp, 2 AC, 5.5 gen, 4 door 12 cf fridge. We have arrived.
Darrell & Mary
Tess our 14 yr old GOLDEN baby
'15 Jayco Precept 31 UL
'13 Wrangler Sahara
Roadmaster bp
Ready Brute Elite towbar & brake combo
21 REPLIES 21

D___M_w_Tess___
Explorer
Explorer
Rhino, here is a youtube on tankless water heater. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFKgOb9ZS7Q
Also, go to Girard products website
http://greenrvproducts.com/girard-tankless-rv-water-heater/
Read their info. The system works. There are varibles and with the system being fairly new to RVing there have been some challenging learning curves.
Enjoy your test drive. Hopefully you will have someone on your walk through that knows the system and can demonstrate it for you. We had an excellent demo when we did our walk through.
Have fun,
Darrell
Darrell & Mary
'15 Jayco Precept 31 UL
'13 Wrangler Sahara
Roadmaster bp

Rhino_Johnny
Explorer
Explorer
What's troubling with tankless hot water? Lack of pressure making it cycle on and off? If so, is it when using holding tank and pump or hooked to external? We are going Saturday for our test drive and set up in park.

Rhino_Johnny
Explorer
Explorer
D & M w/Tess & Jeri wrote:
Hi Rhino. There seems to be quite a following on irv2.com and jaycoowners.com , both forums have been really helpful to prospective & new Precept owners. Check us out there too.
I would have rather had a larger grey than black but that was not a deciding factor when we made our final decision.
As for our coach......very happy indeed. Just under 1000 miles and 2 outings. The first was in an RV park with full hookups, the second in a state park with 50 AMP only. 3 days and 2 nights in the state park and all went well. Systems worked like they were supposed to. The tankless hot water system has some challenges to it and a learning curve. Comfort level is great...just the 2 of us with Tess. Both ACs on thermostat is a nice plus. The entertainment systems are great...............secondary to the state park elements.
Improvements in the near future: Safe-T-Plus steering stabilizer install and carefree blinds (of CO) for sun block for the windshield and side windows. A few minor items on warranty and with the 2 year bumper to bumper warranty, we feel pretty secure in our purchase.
Good luck,

D___M_w_Tess___
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you J-Rooster. Looking forward to it.
BigRabbitMan.......I had not thought of that. I will certainly look at that possibility. Thank you
Darrell & Mary
'15 Jayco Precept 31 UL
'13 Wrangler Sahara
Roadmaster bp

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
Enjoy your new coach! Happy Trails

BigRabbitMan
Explorer
Explorer
To evaluate tank size and its "camping" capacity, you need to also check the plumbing diagram. In my coach the black is a little larger than the grey, BUT the kitchen sink goes into the black and not the grey. The bathroom sink and shower are the only things that go into the grey and it makes it a very balanced system.
BigRabbitMan
Gas to Diesel Conversion project
76 FMC #1046, Gas Pusher became a Diesel Pusher
Discussion thread on this site
"You're never too old to learn something stupid."

D___M_w_Tess___
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Rhino. There seems to be quite a following on irv2.com and jaycoowners.com , both forums have been really helpful to prospective & new Precept owners. Check us out there too.
I would have rather had a larger grey than black but that was not a deciding factor when we made our final decision.
As for our coach......very happy indeed. Just under 1000 miles and 2 outings. The first was in an RV park with full hookups, the second in a state park with 50 AMP only. 3 days and 2 nights in the state park and all went well. Systems worked like they were supposed to. The tankless hot water system has some challenges to it and a learning curve. Comfort level is great...just the 2 of us with Tess. Both ACs on thermostat is a nice plus. The entertainment systems are great...............secondary to the state park elements.
Improvements in the near future: Safe-T-Plus steering stabilizer install and carefree blinds (of CO) for sun block for the windshield and side windows. A few minor items on warranty and with the 2 year bumper to bumper warranty, we feel pretty secure in our purchase.
Good luck,
Darrell & Mary
'15 Jayco Precept 31 UL
'13 Wrangler Sahara
Roadmaster bp

Rhino_Johnny
Explorer
Explorer
Hello all, I too plan to purchase the Precept in very near future and in doing my research I found and joined the RV Net forum. Just wanted to chime in on the holding tank questions. If you check the competition in this group of class A's you'll find the norm for the gray is the 40'ish gallons with black actually being smaller. I would look at the extra 10 gallons of black a bonus. I've never emptied black without being hook up to septic but I must honestly say I've let the gray (dish water) trickle out when we maxed before. I like the larger black. D&M, would love to here more about your coach, good or bad. Sounds like we will have the same rig. Crimson red/capp with the 50 amp set up.

Rhino_Johnny
Explorer
Explorer
golfknut wrote:
D&M: I have a question on your new rig regarding the holding tank sizes.

The specifications I have seen list the size of the gray water tank at 41 gallons and the black water at 51.5 gallons. Is that what you have found to be true on your motorhome?

I'm surprised at that as I don't remember ever seeing an RV with a gray water tank smaller than a black water tank. I would much rather have a larger gray water capacity.

D___M_w_Tess___
Explorer
Explorer
golfnut.....I could only find info through a google search...see below. One of the contributors on Jayco Forums indicated he had ordered one to arrive in a month or so.
Also, I will check my invoices and info to see if I can clarify tank size.
Darrell
2015 Jayco Precept 35UN 36ft

โ€ข Williamstown, NJ

ID# 3699071302 via RVT Classifieds

Description
Description: ON ORDER COMING SOON! A brand new experience is on its way. Itรƒยข??s called Precept, Jaycoรƒยข??s newest Class A motorhome. The 2015 Precept is loaded with many standard features not found on other Class A gas motorhomes in its price range. They include: tankless water heater, 40รƒยข?? LED TELEVISION w/400 watt inverter, automatic hydraulic leveling jacks, back up and side view cameras, Bilstein ride and handling package, electric patio awning, exterior entertainment center w/40รƒยข?? LED TELEVISION & CD stereo, Day/Night roller shades, slideout cover awnings, solid surface kitchen countertops w/intergraded sink, 84รƒยข?? interior height w/padded vinyl ceiling, seamless crowned fiberglass roof, frameless windows, bedroom 22รƒยข?? LED TELEVISION, convection microwave oven, eight cu. ft. Norcold refrigerator/freezer, water purification system, power roof vent w/wall switch, queen sized bed w/Cloud Ten pillowtop mattress, & black holding tank sprayer.
Darrell & Mary
'15 Jayco Precept 31 UL
'13 Wrangler Sahara
Roadmaster bp

Idahosrt10
Explorer
Explorer
Jayco has made larger Super C's 32'+ 2010-2012. I have seen a few for sale. Looks like the new ones are not as large.>http://www.jayco.com/products/class-a-motorhomes/2014-precept/
2014 Fleetwood Storm 32H

wannavolunteerF
Explorer
Explorer
so someone please tell me where I can find something about these new Jayco's? I love my JayFlight TT and hope to upgrade to a class A in a few years. 31UL just not quite as big as I want for fulltime.
2015 FR Georgetown 378TS

golfknut
Explorer
Explorer
Darrell; Great to hear you are enjoying your rig. That is what it is all about.

I see a dealer on the east coast has one of the new Precept 35 footers in stock....at least he's advertising it online.
He has interior and exterior photos of it too.

Does your "sticker" from your motorhome show the size of the holding tanks? I know ours does from several years ago.

I emailed a dealer online with the same question regarding the tank sizes and he didn't have an answer. He agreed that it didn't look right and said he was going to call Jayco and get back to me. I have not heard back from him.

You mentioned two new models due out this fall in the Precept line. Do you know if they are both 35' with different floorplans?
2018 Newmar Canyon Star 3513

D___M_w_Tess___
Explorer
Explorer
golfnut..........I saw that Jayco has 2 larger units due to be released September/October. They are getting really serious about matching the A classes on the market. We've had Bertha a month and very impressed. I have not done a measure test on my grey/black tanks and for the life of me, I don't understand the grey being smaller either. Good question.
We dry camped 3 days, 2 nights this past weekend. I loaded 2/3 fresh at the house. We showered in the public facilities (very nice state park) but used our resources otherwise. When we dumped as we left, still had 1/3 fresh and both grey and black were 1/3. I know that doesn't offer a close gallon measurement. I'm just saying we could have possibly filled the fresh and showered in our unit...being conservative...Navy shower.
I am going to crawl under and see if I can see a sizable difference in the tanks. They are visible from the door to the sewer hook ups...I watched the fresh fill and the grey is immediately overhead with a heat pad wired to it.
Our focus in searching for our MH was length + slides. We tried to stay under 30' but there weren't many that met our criteria.
We really like our 31 UL and look forward to spending more time in her.
We have 50A, 2 ACs, 5.5 generator, 4 door 12 cu ft. fridge. The entertainment systems are out of this world (for me anyway)......so many options. Watched a DVD on the dinette TV and surround sound. May not sound like much to some...maybe I am easily impressed. Fit and finish very nice. We have put on about 900 miles..........I will be adding a steering stabilizer to settle the wandering....probably a SafeTplus. JRide is a cushy ride not unlike that of a pusher w/air. Of course the pusher has weight to keep things from wandering.
All in all, we are very encouraged.
Darrell
Darrell & Mary
'15 Jayco Precept 31 UL
'13 Wrangler Sahara
Roadmaster bp