cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Front privacy curtains needed

Central_Scrutin
Explorer
Explorer
Would anyone know of where one could acquire the privacy curtain that wraps around the cabin front windshield and side door windows?
The curtain track and many many many clip rollers are there and not damaged, but no curtain, I'm assuming this would be a non-standard size curtain?? Appreciate any assistance here 😉
1979 Fleetwood Southwind (E-25 layout)

~Whirled Peas
"The Eyes Are Useless When The Mind Is Blind"
6 REPLIES 6

gidyupgo
Explorer
Explorer
bobndot wrote:
I have small round Velcro patches screwed along the interior plastic trim of the cab in various places so I can stick the blackout curtain in place. Its quick and easy and very simple to make. Its standard in the Sunseeker line.

From a security perspective, having a cover on the exterior is not the best idea. You need to be able to see out if you need to. Unlocking the door to investigate a noise should never be an option for you when you are parked anywhere ! Sorry to say in todays world we all need to be aware of who and what lurks around us.

I like the external type since it does a better job of keeping the heat or cold out of the cab. But, to bobndot's point, you can not see out if you need to. So, best of both worlds, external in storage and safe campgrounds and internal at other times (including overnighting en-route). Neither type takes up much space.
Gary
Midwest Georgia, 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS, GMC Acadia AWD TOAD

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have small round Velcro patches screwed along the interior plastic trim of the cab in various places so I can stick the blackout curtain in place. Its quick and easy and very simple to make. Its standard in the Sunseeker line.

From a security perspective, having a cover on the exterior is not the best idea. You need to be able to see out if you need to. Unlocking the door to investigate a noise should never be an option for you when you are parked anywhere ! Sorry to say in todays world we all need to be aware of who and what lurks around us.

LadyRVer
Explorer
Explorer
I bought one from Camping World for my Class C. Zippered side windows to use if you want. Worked great. Think around 60.00.

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
Google is your friend......
https://www.rvsupplywarehouse.com/specialty-rv-shops/rv-housekeeping-decor/rv-drapes-window-blinds/c...
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

Central_Scrutin
Explorer
Explorer
lhenry8113 wrote:
We have an ADCO exterior windshield/side windows cover purchased thru Amazon. They are vehicle year and make specific.

"Exterior you say???...interesting, but since the rollers & rail is already existing, gonna try to utilize this 😉
Thanks for the info Henry
~PeasOut
"The Eyes Are Useless When The Mind Is Blind"

lhenry8113
Explorer
Explorer
We have an ADCO exterior windshield/side windows cover purchased thru Amazon. They are vehicle year and make specific.
2017 Chev/CLass C Forest River Forester 2251 SLE

A Positive Attitude May Not Solve All Your Problems But It Will Annoy Enough People To Make It Worth The Effort.
H Albright