cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting very frustrated with this site!

scbwr
Explorer II
Explorer II
Why does this site continually have server problems???? Twice this morning, I've typed replies and lost them due to server issues. It seems as though this forum is dying a slow death and that is a shame. It used to be a very good forum, but I find myself spending more time elsewhere. IMHO, just another indication of Good Sam Enterprises continuing to decline on so many levels. Is the management concerned at all about their apparent demise?
2012 Newmar Bay Star 3302
Blue Ox Avail
BrakeBuddy Advantage
2015 Malibu

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption
34 REPLIES 34

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Admin wrote:
I only get the error once every few weeks so I just hit the F5 and go on with my life
Nice for you.

I see where Mr Lemonis is selling many CW stores that do not also sell RVs. Perhaps he just doesn't care if his website works very well.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Admin
2oldman wrote:
Admin wrote:
I'm unable to duplicate the problem when I do have one. That means I have nothing to forward as an example to the IT folks.
Have you forwarded this to them: ?

Service Temporarily Unavailable!
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Jakarta/ISAPI/isapi_redirector/1.2.40
===================

Windows10, Chrome browser, Verizon hotspot

Yes but since it's a random error and I can't duplicate it for them to trouble shoot. I occasionally get the error and I go over and do the exact same thing again and no error. I got nothing to send. I only get the error once every few weeks so I just hit the F5 and go on with my life :E. I have more important things to figure out like which beer to have with the steak on the bar-b-Que tonight. :B
Admin
RV.net

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Campfire Time wrote:

Also they used to show anywhere from 5-8 pages of recent posts. Now only 2 or 3. Even though people are still replying to posts it's made to look like it's not as busy as it used to be. Purposely discouraging posting.

Clicking NEWEST brings up new threads started in the last 24 hours. Check the times and dates of those and you will see that there really are only 2 or 3 pages of new threads in that time frame.
Clicking ACTIVE brings up any thread that has had recent replies. And that does bring up 5-8 pages. A reply to a post does not return it to NEWEST though.
There was a time a number of years ago when NEWEST had 6-10 pages and ACTIVE even more. So yes, participation has truly fallen off. Not a game they are playing to make it look so.

1968mooney
Explorer
Explorer
If they would eliminate all the naysayers it would free up space for the posters with something to say that matters. :h

Sam_Spade
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

That is a "generic" error message that wouldn't help find anything.

HAVE YOU CHANGED PORTALS LIKE WE HAVE SUGGESTED THAT YOU DO ???
Or are you just going to keep cluttering up the forums with useless complaints ??
'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"

T18skyguy
Explorer
Explorer
camperdave wrote:
as to a slow death, the actual forum mechanics of this forum has been horrible for as long as I can recall. I've gotten to where I ctrl-C every reply before hitting post message just to be safe...

Sadly it seems like many folks have gone elsewhere, but for me I keep on keeping on here. I don't do any of the social media things, so my options are limited.

I do a control C before every reply too. It has always seemed to me that the server times you out too soon, especially with a longer reply.
Retired Anesthetist. LTP. Pilot with mechanic/inspection ratings. Between rigs right now.. Wife and daughter. Four cats which we must obey.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Campfire Time wrote:
I think they are letting it fall apart. One day it just won't be accessible and that will be the end.
I think that too. A stitch in time saves nine.

Campfire_Time
Explorer
Explorer
I had so much trouble with rv.net timeouts that I switched to http://forums.trailerlife.com/ probably a year ago. For the past few months that's been horrible too. I'm under https://forums.goodsamclub.com and it's working just fine.

I think they are letting it fall apart. One day it just won't be accessible and that will be the end.

Also they used to show anywhere from 5-8 pages of recent posts. Now only 2 or 3. Even though people are still replying to posts it's made to look like it's not as busy as it used to be. Purposely discouraging posting.
Chuck D.
“Adventure is just bad planning.” - Roald Amundsen
2013 Jayco X20E Hybrid
2016 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Z71 LTZ2
2008 GMC Sierra SLE1 Crew Cab Z71 (traded)

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Admin wrote:
I'm unable to duplicate the problem when I do have one. That means I have nothing to forward as an example to the IT folks.

Jakarta/ISAPI/isapi_redirector/1.2.40
===================

Windows10, Chrome browser, Verizon hotspot

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
Does anybody have a concise list of all the portals that we can use to connect to this forum? It might be helpful to list them possibly even in a sticky so we can try different portals if we get the errors.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
It seems like different people from different locations are having problems with different portals. For instance, there are a few posts on here where people have reported no problems with RV.net. I used RV.net exclusively for years, probably since I started on this forum. Then this year I started getting the errors when using RV.net to a point the forum was almost unusable. I was getting errors and others were not. So I switched to the trailerlife portal and the errorsms went away. A month or so later I started getting the errors on trailerlife and switched back to RV.net. So far I'm not having problems on RV.net.

My personal belief is that one of the forum servers has a problem and the other server(s) do not have the problem. It's just the luck of the draw what server you get when you sign in as to whether you will have a problem or not.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

Admin
I use RV.net exclusively and I'm logging in the same as you.
Very rarely do I have a problem and I'm unable to duplicate the problem when I do have one. That means I have nothing to forward as an example to the IT folks.
I do have GoodSam portal as a backup however, I don't remember the last time I used it.
I have used F5 every once in a while as being suggested here but again I can't duplicate the problem on the same thread/post.

Admin
Admin
RV.net

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
larry cad wrote:
MURPHY55347 wrote:
I use RV.NET and don’t have any issues.

X2

X whatever

camper_ron
Explorer
Explorer
scbwr wrote:
To clarify, my problems today were that I typed responses to two threads, hit the post message command and got the error with server response.

On numerous occasions, I've gotten the same result when opening the home page via trailerlife.com, but it usually corrects itself.

I'll try using rv.net portal and see what happens.

Thanks for the responses!

NEVER HAD A PROBLEM USING rv.NET... NOW LETS SEE IF I DO?