cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good Sam Tire and Wheel insurance

blazenpm
Explorer
Explorer
Today I received info and brochure from Good Sam offering "Tire and Wheel Insurance". I would like to know if anyone out there in our RV world has used this insurance and if so were you satisfied with the service. It is offered for Class A motorhomes for $70.00yr. with an obligation of 5 years. I personally do not have space on my rig to carry a spare wheel and mounted tire. Therefore, I am more or less hanging out there in the event that I have a flat or destroyed tire and or wheel. It just seems that we receive everything to cover from Good Sam. Yes, I understand they are in the business to make money. I would just like to know if anyone has used this service when they were way,way, out in the boonies. How long did it take for the response to get your service?
3 REPLIES 3

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
It came with our extended warranty plan years ago. We did have a blowout in Florida on 95, so not exactly in the boonies but we were happy with the service. It was not thru GS though. They responded quickly with a brand new Goodyear after asking us what we had on the coach. Changed it on the side of the road and we were good to go. %50 deductible. Tire was fresh too. YMMV esp with GS....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
check with your rv insurer ,you might already have it.

lmpres
Explorer
Explorer
I think you might be misunderstanding the insurance. It pays you an amount AFTER you replace a blown tire. It doesn't send someone to you when you are on the side of the road.

It was given to me when I purchased my 5th wheel new. 9 months later, I had 3 of the china bombs go on me on a long trip. They sent me checks for the replacement tires I put on (which were much better tires than the unit came with).

So my experience was they were responsive, paid in a reasonable amount of time, etc. But if you buy good tires, probably not worth the money....