cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Goodbye RV

afrescopXx
Explorer
Explorer
Yesterday I signed the papers to sell our motorhome. After seven years of part time RVing we have decided that RVing was no longer for us. The main use for us was volunteering mainly over the summer months. We will no longer volunteer. One of the best things about RVing was visiting, reading and occasionally posting on the various RV sites such as here on the Good Sam forums.
I thank the legions of people reading and responding to my postings over these past years.
After ten years of being retired we are now officially retired.
12 REPLIES 12

afrescopXx
Explorer
Explorer
I dreaded the thought of ever giving up the RV. Once the papers were signed a wave of relief swept over me. It was at that moment I knew we made the perfect decision for us. It seems as though after every trip there was something to be repaired. With age, along with grool (sp) and drool, comes clarity. While turning 70 didn't make me a sage it sure brought clarity.
Be safe in your travels and, remember, the right lane is the RVers friend.
Dear wife, another bowl of grool, please!

outboardfever
Explorer
Explorer
It's tough, I've given it up twice. Something about sitting around a fire!

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
Good Luck in the future and congrats on the sale of your RV.

mustang652
Explorer
Explorer
Now that I've hit the big 70 I'm beginning to question how much longer I will do the rv thing. For the most part RVing has been a part time hobby with a couple of extended stays while relocating and and once to facilitate a military assignment and be able to hold onto the house. There are plenty of times over the past couple of years I wish I had bought a B or a smaller C.
Stan, Shirley & 2 Schnauzers
RV: 2014 Itasca Sunstar 35F
USAF Retired, Life Member: VSPA, VVA, DVA,VFW

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
bullydogs1 wrote:
When the big diesel pusher seems like too much, I may move to a class B.==I don't see that happening anytime soon.

It will be a mighty cold day before I give up the DP...They will bury me in rig....my wife is not afraid to drive this one versus our last one...go figure..

Mr. Bullydogs1, I have a fascination with the Sprinter Chassis Class B. They seem so compact yet very usable.

There is a new all electric version available with solar, no propane. The engine is used as the generator. Just sounds interesting.

There are many more years to use the Class A.... I just like to look into the future every now and then! LOL!

MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

lj2654
Explorer
Explorer
We are finally going to start our full time travels next year. With all of our family issues we keep getting sidelined. I hope that you have enjoyed every second of it to its fullest and whatever you do after , enjoy it as well.
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples 40
2012 Cadillac Srx
retired AirForce 1979-1992

bullydogs1
Explorer
Explorer
When the big diesel pusher seems like too much, I may move to a class B.==I don't see that happening anytime soon.

It will be a mighty cold day before I give up the DP...They will bury me in rig....my wife is not afraid to drive this one versus our last one...go figure..
Stuart and Stella Denning
2016 Entegra Aspire 42RBQ
The 3 Bulldogs (Daisy, Sylvie and Stashie)
2018 Equinox Diesel (TOAD)

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
Best of luck on your next chapter!
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

โ€œCertainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Life happens. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Come back often, you have information and experience to share with others.

Enjoy your retirement.

BudFoster37
Explorer
Explorer
I too am at the end of my RV days. After 8 years of good times and nice folks a stroke has sidelined me. Timely and skillful emergency treatmentprevented permanent paralysis but I just don't have manual or cognitive skills to do it any more. I'm just thankful it was not worse. My future travels will be by air, and maybe train.Time to take up poker and pinochle again.

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
Sorry to see anyone giving up the RV but times change and situations change and it is something all of us will have to face in the future.
Now on to new adventures during your retirement. :B

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
The most important thing is that you enjoyed RVing while you were doing it.

I'm sure one day we'll make the same decision but it appears it will be way into the future for us unless a health issue causes us to stop.

When the big diesel pusher seems like too much, I may move to a class B.

Enjoy whatever the future holds for you!

MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins