cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hard Start Capacitor

Hikerfan
Explorer
Explorer
Hello, I have a 1995 Roadtrek D170 van and looking to add a hard start capacitor to original Feeders 7500 but (built inside van). Can anyone give me name of capacitor that you have installed and any links to installation instructions.

Thank you, Cindy
5 REPLIES 5

JG
Explorer
Explorer
theoldwizard1 wrote:
bgum wrote:
Micro air easy start on internet

I second this !

The MicroAir EZ start is more than just a capacitor. Actually, starting capacitors are the reason A/C trip the breaker when they are starting (sorry, you would have to be a EE to understand).

Not sure if you can install it on an older Class B? Check with MicroAir. I installed one on my Casita Trailer & on my home AC unit. I love them.
2019 Casita Liberty
2015 Chevy Truck
Wonderful wife since 1969

jjrbus
Explorer
Explorer
It is a fair amount of work to remove and reinstall the fedders. If it is the OE unit it is almost 3 decades old. Might want to keep that in mind. If you want a hard start I have used the Supco SPP4E on LG8000 btu window unit with the OK of the AC forum guys. I am sure it would be fine with the Fedders.

The Micro Air may be a better choice depending on what you are trying to accomplish. From my reading I suspect that RT installed a hard start on their AC units, not sure on that but a few people have reported having one.

Might want to post why you want to add starting assistance to get better input. Is it to use a portable generator?

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Do you really mean "hard start", or do you want "soft start"? There is a difference.

https://www.softstartrv.com/difference-between-hard-start-and-soft-start/

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
bgum wrote:

I second this !

The MicroAir EZ start is more than just a capacitor. Actually, starting capacitors are the reason A/C trip the breaker when they are starting (sorry, you would have to be a EE to understand).

bgum
Explorer
Explorer