cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help pls. 2003 Monaco Diplomat Water Pump Fuse Location

jannlanz
Explorer
Explorer
Hello, I am on the road with my 2003 Monavo Diplomat and can not locate the water pump fuse box. Water pump is new and worked a month ago just fine. Can someone please tell me where I can find its fuse? I've been on the phone with rv repair people and we still can't locate and it. Traveling with dogs and it would very very helpful to check that fuse. Nothing I have seen anywhere has been labeled "water pump". Thank you so much!!
24 REPLIES 24

jannlanz
Explorer
Explorer
Perfect. Thank you!

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
jannlanz wrote:
Yes it is an Intellitec controller and mounted on the side wall where you dump the sewage. I am going to order a new controller - this one has held up for 12 years, but I wish I had a way to seal it and the wires. Thank you!

Install the new one in a heavy duty zip lock bag. Doug

jannlanz
Explorer
Explorer
Yes it is an Intellitec controller and mounted on the side wall where you dump the sewage. I am going to order a new controller - this one has held up for 12 years, but I wish I had a way to seal it and the wires. Thank you!

Dick_A
Explorer
Explorer
As Doug mentioned you probably have a intellitec water pump controller which is usually mounted near the water pump. I can tell you from experience they don't like a water bath! 🙂 From memory they appear to be a sealed unit.
2009 Tiffin 43QBP Allegro Bus
RoadMaster Sterling Tow Bar
US Gear UTB
Ford Explorer Sport Toad
WA7MXP
"Pisqually" the attack kitty :B

jannlanz
Explorer
Explorer
I'd like to thank everyone for taking the time to post. It's tough being on the road and feeling helpless and it's much appreciated.

jannlanz
Explorer
Explorer
It is the relay module. It sparked when I touched it with pliers and pump came on. After that it was dead again

jannlanz
Explorer
Explorer
When I touched pliers to the lavender wire running to the latch relay module, it sparked and the pump came on. The next time I touched it with pliers, it did not come one. The on off switch still does not work.

donfrump
Explorer
Explorer
Ivylog wrote:
Sorry Dennis, but everything in the front electrical bay is chassis, not house power. Until you turn the key on, nothing lights up.

I carry a small 12V battery for testing and powering LED strip lights away from the MH and I agree with Dennis you need to get 12V to the pump and make sure it still works... If nothing else, this will get you by if it does start up.
OP, call Monaco... they will be able to help you.

Its not wired like others have suggested and can not be solved that way.
its wired like this.The pump is always live.The ground wire runs to a 12V relay which is turned on a by a multi switch controller which is excited by one of the three pump switches
There sometimes is a fuse right at or near the pump. The only way to test the pump is put the red wire to direct 12 v and the black to direct ground. BUT if the pumps new I suggest either the replay or the controller is bad.The controller is usually right at or near the pump. its about 3 inch by 3 inch in size

jannlanz
Explorer
Explorer
The water pump was just replaced yesterday. It was a installed properly, however, the pump is not getting power, so we need to find where the flow of power is stopping. The fuse box in the bedroom (f14) only says monitor pane. But, Monaco advised it is also for the water pump. The fuse was good when we checked it. But we replaced it anyway to be sure. We cannot located any inline fuses and can't find anything that matches the pictures posted near the pump.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Ivylog wrote:
Sorry Dennis, but everything in the front electrical bay is chassis, not house power. Until you turn the key on, nothing lights up.

I carry a small 12V battery for testing and powering LED strip lights away from the MH and I agree with Dennis you need to get 12V to the pump and make sure it still works... If nothing else, this will get you by if it does start up.

Sorry Ivylog, but older Monaco's and the entry levels DO have some coach systems at that panel. Signature series Monaco's that panel IS chassis related only. Doug

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III

This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45’...

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Try this, open the front wiring compartment...the one below the driver's seat. Look on the INSIDE of this door. Monaco lists any and all hidden fuses on that sticker. Many are inside the door panels under the cup holders. My guess is one of the connecting fuses is blown or one of the wires has come loose from the changeout you had done when the pump was replaced. Most pumps don't have their own fuses unless it was put in aftermarket.

If you still can't find anything, an alternative would be to 'jumper' the pump to make sure it works. Using a meter, (hopefully your friend is still nearby) locate another good 12V source near the pump. Tap into this source and run it directly to the hot side of the pump. See if it runs. If not, then run a separate wire from the ground side of the pump to a known good ground with the new wire still attached. See if this allows the pump to run. If neither of these 'fixes' work, your pump has failed and needs to be replaced....let us know how you make out. I'll monitor this post.....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

oldmattb
Explorer
Explorer
rgatijnet1 wrote:
Just to be sure, my water pump on my Monaco had TWO shut off switches. On inside the coach and one in the wet compartment right by the pump.

We have THREE! One on a panel by the helm, one under the counter in the bathroom, and one in the wet compartment.

Matt B
oldMattB
1998 Monaco Windsor

Scrooge39
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2000 HR Ambassador and according to my wiring diagram, there is no fuse, per se, for the water pump. My pump gets 12V from the monitor panel, which is fed by a 15a fuse. If this fuse is blown I would have no monitor panel functions (holding tank or LP tank level indications or my water heater would not run on propane).
Don't know if the Monaco Diplomat is similar.