KCFDCapt
Explorer
Explorer
https://www.facebook.com/118611954828240/videos/1355001197855970/
12 REPLIES 12

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
2010 I think driving through North Texas into Oklahoma and into Kansas.
The wind was constant and very high. It unrolled our slide out awning.
Thank goodness for the wide shoulders of Texas hwy.
When a semi approached from the other direction he got onto the wide paved shoulder, used as a lane by farm equipment and anyone wanting to go slower. Speed limit was 70. We too the que and did likewise. Still it is wonder we didn't drift into each other. Control was very hard. I thought we would roll quite a few times.
We did pull off and sit several times. If we had been on top of a ridge like most Interstates, where wind would have full effect we would have blown over.

Dale_Traveling
Explorer II
Explorer II
Last week down here in south eastern Virginia had a rig blown off the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel into the bay. Drive died for cardiac arrest which was probably brought on by hypothermia and the cold bay water. Can happen anywhere.
2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Wow!
That is incredible video, I also would have liked to have seen what the SP car looked like once the trailer was removed.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
ppine wrote:
I used to live in Wyoming and had an outdoor career. It is a place that is not for the feint of heart.

Same here....derrick hand/oil rigs

Wind is a KILLER.

Trucker obviously ignored 'high wind warnings' (happen when wind is at/above 45mph) and ANY common sense he may have had :S

Thankfully Trooper was NOT in patrol car and NO one was injured.

What an IDIOT!
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
I used to live in Wyoming and had an outdoor career. It is a place that is not for the feint of heart.

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
I saw this video on our local news. I would like to have seen the police cruiser after they lifted the truck trailer off of the vehicle to see how it held up.

Also wondering, if the trucker could feel the beginning of the trailer lifting, and if so, if he had slammed on his brakes, would that have changed the dynamics of the wind and he could have stayed upright.

Glad no one was hurt.

MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Now I may not be the only one stopping for high winds. Hopefully someone didn't drive right by.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
Scary! Wind is certainly a powerful thing.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

Pangaea_Ron
Explorer
Explorer
Apparently there were no troopers in either vehicle.

It gives a whole new meaning to getting a flat beside the road.
2008 Itasca SunCruiser 35L
2014 Honda AWD CR-V EX-L

TNGW1500SE
Explorer
Explorer
The cars just keep on driving by!

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
I sure hope no one was in that patrol car!

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
clicky
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox