cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am unable to fill the fresh water tank

gregg00
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2006 Holiday Rambler Neptune 36ft and having a water fill issue. I hooked up the hose to the city/fresh water fill valve. Put the valve in fresh water to fill tank but no water is going to tank. Checked valve the ballcock works like it should. Unhooked water lines to valve and to the water pump and all looks good. Its crazy as the sensor pads in coach and the bay where the hose and black/gray valves are hooked up shows a full reading. Went to fresh water drain and no water comes out. Everything works as far as city water to sinks, shower, toilet but nothing from fresh water tank. I tried the pump and it works but not pushing water as tank won't accept it. My question is there a sensor fail somewhere that tells sensors pads its full and won't let water come in? If there is where would it be? I checked in the bays also checked under the coach looking up and around not seeing anything. So confused as to why it doesn't work. I have filled up tank previously but now it doesn't. I read the owners manual and not finding and info as to why or where to check if failed.
9 REPLIES 9

oldave
Explorer
Explorer
Have you switched the valve? It may be labeled wrong.

My Windsor has a bay door driver's side where I can gravity fill my water tank, this is what I usually use because it is so much faster. Also, I can see how full it's getting.

I don't rely on my Gauge especially to fill the tank.

gregg00
Explorer
Explorer
I appreciate the replies. I will try bypassing the fill valve to see if water goes to tank, Also removed drain valve and ran a air hose inside tank to see if air comes out line to pump- yes. not sure where the sensor pads get the reading, not the seeing the tank sensors like I can on gray and black tanks. Could a blocked vent cause an issue? the fresh water tank is not exposed to find sensors or even find the vent.

LouLawrence
Explorer
Explorer
My coach automatically stops filling when the tank gauge reads full. I am sure there are many higher end coaches that have this option. I don't trust it as it has failed to stop once but it is there.
If you disconnect and the water pumps are pumping water there is water in the tank. Are you seeing that?

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
Without the hose hooked up and the water pump on, do you get water out of the tank when you turn on a faucet?

Everything indicates full but nothing comes out of the tank drain? Open the tank drain and stick a wire up through the drain. Probably a mud dauber nest in it..
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Seen to fill, but not to automatically shut off fill!

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
enblethen wrote:
Never seen a rig with a sensor to stop water fill!
Display panel sensor are inherently inaccurate.
My guess is the valves have issue as being in wrong position to fill fresh water holding tank.

I have but ... Well it was a couple million dollars worth and you did not turn a valve.. you pushed a button .

Likely a pinched hose.. Since you wish to fill the tank there is a very good chance that somewhere you have a door that's basically square (Rounded corners) about 5" each side.. A CH-something key fits it.. Behind it is a cap. that's the gravity fill for the water tank.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
sounds like there could be a check vale blocking flow to the tank.

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
If you can disconnect the ball valve can you take the valve out of the picture and just put the water hose straight to the hose coming out of the fresh fill?
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Never seen a rig with a sensor to stop water fill!
Display panel sensor are inherently inaccurate.
My guess is the valves have issue as being in wrong position to fill fresh water holding tank.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker