cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Insurance - Increase Every Year About $100

oldcarfun
Explorer
Explorer
Is it reasonable to expect a $100 increase in insurance every year? That is normal for us. Last year it went down about $100 because we researched and devalued our 2009 coach so we saved $100. But previously our records show close to a $100 increase every year since 2016.
2016 - up $30
2017 - up $107
2018 - up $120
2019 - up. I can't remember the amount before we devalued our coach.
2020 - up $185

I just got this year's bill and it has gone up $185. We have Progressive and one $520 fender bender claim in 2017. I will call our insurance broker tomorrow.
Oldcarfun
2009 Itasca Suncruiser 35L
2005 Jeep GC Toad
29 REPLIES 29

oldcarfun
Explorer
Explorer
Chuckbear, We all know because we've all been there. Thanks
Oldcarfun
2005 Jeep GC Toad

chuckbear
Explorer
Explorer
KPetrick wrote:
Oldcarfun,

Give us a call at Good Sam Insurance Agency. We can shop it for you with National General, Safeco, Foremost and Progressive. All have excellent RV programs with the coverage's that RV'ers need.

Keith - Director of Good Sam Insurance Agency

If you ask them for a quote you will be spammed to death and receive hundreds of unwanted spam phone calls. I am speaking from experiences. I hope everyone sees this before they remove it. Chuck

AstroRig57
Explorer
Explorer
Cobra21 wrote:
My Progressive rates have remained approximatly the same on our Class C for 10 years. Something doesn't seem right. We buy our autos and RV insurance on line.
Brian

Exactly. Same with our Class-A (and it was the same with our prior Class-C) also with Progressive. With good driving records and no claims on the RV rates have remained approximately the same, with a slight annual rate decrease, commensurate with the depreciation of the vehicle. It's the same with our passenger vehicles which are insured through State Farm..

Rates are broken down by area of coverage, as in comprehensive, collision, medical expenses.... Which area of coverage keeps increasing or it across the board?
2005 Winnebago Sightseer WFD30B "rigged for night" with red LED lighting for night adapted vision.

Do you remember when the sky was dark, and the stars were bright?
The International Dark-Sky Association
American by birth...Scottish by the Grace Of God.

oldcarfun
Explorer
Explorer
Olfarmer, make sure you agree with the value the insurance company has placed on your MH. If it is totaled in an accident, how much will they pay you?
Oldcarfun
2005 Jeep GC Toad

olfarmer
Explorer
Explorer
Our MH is an older 2001 but it has full coverage and our rate has never gone up, in fact it is the cheapest vehicle we have insured. 2017 Lincoln MKC, 2011 Chevy Avalanche, and a 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee LTD. All full coverage except the Jeep.
Ed & Ruby & the 2 cats
2001 Winnebago Brave 30W
7.4 gas Work Horse Chassis
99 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Blaster_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Executive wrote:
KPetrick wrote:
Oldcarfun,

Give us a call at Good Sam Insurance Agency. We can shop it for you with National General, Safeco, Foremost and Progressive. All have excellent RV programs with the coverage's that RV'ers need.

FOR THE RECORD... Good Sam Insurance quote was over $2000 per year more than my current carrier for the identical coverage. Good Sam is way overpriced.....Dennis

You have to keep checking around every few years. I was with GS about six years ago, they raised the rates, I moved. Last June I checked with them, and they got a policy for me that was $1000 lower than I was paying with a different company.
2014 American Eagle

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
KPetrick wrote:
Oldcarfun,

FOR THE RECORD... Good Sam Insurance quote was over $2000 per year more than my current carrier for the identical coverage. Good Sam is way overpriced.....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
KPetrick wrote:
Oldcarfun,

And someone said Good Sam doesn't read these posts...:W..:B....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Part of the cost is the sales agent's commission and they can set a higher price so as to get a higher comission in some places I suspect.

Another thing is not many companies actually INSURE. most are re-sellers so let's say you buy from Big name INsurance Company #1 and they sell the policy to "re-insurer #1

Somebody else buys from BNC2 and they too sell to RIC 1

Someone else buys from BNC3 and they too sell to RIC1

Someone else buys from BNC 4 and they carry their own paper

Something major happens (Think 9-11-2001) and RIC one gets hit big time.

BNC4 has a 2000 dollar claim,, Just one.

As you can guess BNCs 1-3 are gonna be raising their rates.

Source: an Agent for BNC#4 (BNC is big name company of course and no I won't name the firm)
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
Credit score also affects insurance premiums. Have you paid things off so that you don't have multiple active accounts. If so, your score could have gone down.

KPetrick
Explorer
Explorer
Oldcarfun,

crawford
Explorer
Explorer
This really depends on the state you live in I moved from CT to east Tenn got a check for 600.00 thinking they canceled my insurance. I called them they said no it was because I move to another state without a lot of claims. So if you live with money you pay a lot of money I guess my rue area next house a couple of miles down the road.
Change from a c class to a A class Georgetown 07 triple slide

oldcarfun
Explorer
Explorer
I called my agency. They called Progressive and said it was a general rate increase. I will shop around in about 2 weeks because the notice was early and I can't shop around unless it's within 30 days for renewal. I will come back and let you know. I was hoping to avoid shopping every year.

Regarding the $520 claim, a few years ago we were in a campground out of state. I clipped a tow car, scratched. The couple was there for work and the car was gone every day but I made it clear to the wife that we would like to pay cash. They weren't interested in talking, didn't have any idea of how much it would cost to fix it. I offered a few hundred. They didn't respond and we had to leave a few days later. 9-10 months later they submitted a claim for $520.
Oldcarfun
2005 Jeep GC Toad

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
โ€œThe "insurance" is that the CEO will always receive an ever increasing bonus every year.โ€

Generalizations about the insurance industry are always in error.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad